Lucky the scapegoat?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
the booking part should have a mug shot that would settle pretty much everything, right?
Of course. Unless the police in Prince William County are grossly incompetent or corrupt, it is hard to take the leap of faith to actually buy the idea he was set up. Typically the police will gather surveillance to build a case to arrest and then take photos and fingerprints of people who are arrested. Getting the booking photo from June would solve it all. Makes you wonder why his agent would not have done that to squash it rather than providing plane ticket stubs.

All in all, we are wasting more time on this when it really does not matter. He's gone and judging by the totality of his tenure on the team, it was justifiable.

Alexander

Reaction score
I hate to tell people on the forum this little piece of info...but, criminals give fake names all of the time when they get arrested. It's not exactly a new concept.

I hate to tell you this little piece of info: criminals who are actually arrested, go to court and are found guilty still will use the excuse "it wasn't me" or claim no responsibility. Happens all the time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know, almost every coach in the league is like that. What does that have to do with anything?

It has to do with your statement
He was going to be cut anyways and now JG can say "look, I cut lucky because bad behavior is unacceptable." He won't do anything to players of consequence.

Sure Zeke is going to get more of a chance Garrett is not cutting him, Lucky on the other hand. No different than any other HC

Reaction score
the booking part should have a mug shot that would settle pretty much everything, right?

That's the thing. He was never arrested or booked at the time. He was issued a summons because it was a misdemeanor. Whether in person or by mail is the question.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I
So did that person also supply the authorities with his SSN, since there is a record of a Rodney Whitehead being booked along with his SSN? So some random imposter drops his name and vitals when arrested? Highly dubious. Believing his story requires a big leap of faith and the belief in a conspiracy to frame him. That along with this dog thing and his behavior really provides a picture that it is easy to assume why they cut him. They were simply worn out by a marginal player bringing unnecessary drama.

So did Lucky, who is making roughly $500K/year...shoplift in Virginia at 1:30 AM, take a plane to Dallas for a 7:30 flight and arrived at 10:30 AM in Virginia to give himself an alibi for a shoplifting charge?

You want to talk about 'dubious', that's about as incredible of a story as I've ever heard.

If he was on the roster, he would get preference as an incumbent.

Says who?

That makes it harder for any other receiver to give the team a reason to give him more reps. He was such a specialized role, Switzer would have been his primary challenger. And in the meantime, he would be commanding reps over say a player like Noah Brown. It would really not be a case where they "couldn't handle it". This simply clears the path for the team to look at other options, rather than waste time with a problematic player.

Again, if a player can't beat out Lucky Whitehead he doesn't deserve to be on the 53 man roster.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I hate to tell you this little piece of info: criminals who are actually arrested, go to court and are found guilty still will use the excuse "it wasn't me" or claim no responsibility. Happens all the time.

I hate to tell you that criminals don't shoplift at 1:30 in the morning, somehow get a 1,300 mile flight and then fly back 1,300 miles at 7:30 in the morning to get an alibi.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He is a Manassas native. If he does not maintain a residence there, he certainly stays with someone there and has connections to the area. It is not like this popped up in some random location.

Been saying this all along. Good chance that some friend or relative used his name.

YR

Alexander

Reaction score
So did Lucky, who is making roughly $500K/year...shoplift in Virginia at 1:30 AM, take a plane to Dallas for a 7:30 flight and arrived at 10:30 AM in Virginia to give himself an alibi for a shoplifting charge?

Who knows? Players who you think would have no reason to commit stupid crimes that are well below their monetary stature do it anyways. Joe Randle was making good money, yet felt compelled to steal underwear and cologne.

We do know this.

http://www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/police/Documents/Arrested Persons by Name 072017.pdf
06/22/2017 00:00:00 M 25 WHITEHEAD, JR. RODNEY DARNELL 10365 BUTTERNUT CIR MANASSAS VA., 18.2-96(2) - 16-27 - SHOPLIFTING/PETIT LARCENY: UNDER
$200 - 23C

Suspending belief based only on him saying it wasn't me and his paid representative claiming he has an alibi borders on tin foil hat territory.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Now one would think that the police would do a little investigation to make sure that the ID used was valid. IF whoever was arrested had no ID then they tend to stay locked up for a while.

That's not how misdemeanor lockups work.

They'll fingerprint you and they'll check your fingerprints against NCIC to make sure you don't have a felony warrant or if your fingerprints have been linked to a felony crime.

Once that clears and you can pay your bail you're free to go. They cannot keep you there because you don't have an ID.

YR

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Been saying this all along. Good chance that some friend or relative used his name.

YR

That's what it sounds like to me unless he and his agent are just lying. Seems like a family member or friend has an ID with Lucky's name on it and uses it in various situations, most likely to pick up girls. This time he used it after getting caught shoplifting without even thinking about the repercussions. Doesn't matter to me at all. I didn't like the player or the one play they designed for him and I'm glad he is gone. More reps for the #6-10 WRs. Maybe one will break out.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Who knows? Players who you think would have no reason to commit stupid crimes that are well below their monetary stature do it anyways. Joe Randle was making good money, yet felt compelled to steal underwear and cologne.

We do know this.

http://www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/police/Documents/Arrested Persons by Name 072017.pdf
06/22/2017 00:00:00 M 25 WHITEHEAD, JR. RODNEY DARNELL 10365 BUTTERNUT CIR MANASSAS VA., 18.2-96(2) - 16-27 - SHOPLIFTING/PETIT LARCENY: UNDER
$200 - 23C

Suspending belief based only on him saying it wasn't me and his paid representative claiming he has an alibi borders on tin foil hat territory.

His agent showed the flight records to Ian Rappaport. The flight records will not only have when the flight took off and landed, but if Lucky actually boarded the plane.

And if all of that comes thru, then Lucky did not commit the crime.

That's why I like to wait until all of the facts come thru unlike you where you just like to rush to judgment.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
That's what it sounds like to me unless he and his agent are just lying. Seems like a family member or friend has an ID with Lucky's name on it and uses it in various situations, most likely to pick up girls. This time he used it after getting caught shoplifting without even thinking about the repercussions. Doesn't matter to me at all. I didn't like the player or the one play they designed for him and I'm glad he is gone. More reps for the #6-10 WRs. Maybe one will break out.

His agent showed the actual flight records to Ian Rappaport. The flight records will have if Lucky actually boarded the plane or not.

I doubt that his agent would make such a grandiose lie to Rappaport because it would be incredibly stupid to do so.

All the media or Whitehead has to do is look at the flight records and show that Lucky boarded that flight.

YR

Alexander

Reaction score
His agent showed the flight records to Ian Rappaport. The flight records will not only have when the flight took off and landed, but if Lucky actually boarded the plane.

And if all of that comes thru, then Lucky did not commit the crime.

That's why I like to wait until all of the facts come thru unlike you where you just like to rush to judgment.

YR
Rapoport? Well there is a guy that is reliable and trustworthy. Case closed then. Innocent.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
His agent showed the actual flight records to Ian Rappaport. The flight records will have if Lucky actually boarded the plane or not.

I doubt that his agent would make such a grandiose lie to Rappaport because it would be incredibly stupid to do so.

All the media or Whitehead has to do is look at the flight records and show that Lucky boarded that flight.

YR

Well, if he has people running around with his ID pretending to be him, how can anyone know if it was him on that flight or someone else? Like I said, I don't care at all. He has had numerous missteps and offered the perfect opportunity at the perfect time. He won't be missed at all and I'm happy he is gone. Now, just flip to the jet sweep page in the playbook and rip it out!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well, if he has people running around with his ID pretending to be him, how can anyone know if it was him on that flight or someone else? Like I said, I don't care at all. He has had numerous missteps and offered the perfect opportunity at the perfect time. He won't be missed at all and I'm happy he is gone. Now, just flip to the jet sweep page in the playbook and rip it out!

That can certainly be the case, I just don't think it's likely that a person that is from Manassas would be in Dallas taking a flight to Manassas while Lucky was in Manassas.

I also doubt that a person would use a fake ID for a plane trip rather than a person using a fake ID when they get arrested.

I'm not particularly crestfallen over Lucky being cut, but I think it's silly for people to be happy about this because they didn't like that he fumbled the ball a few times. And it's even sillier for people to completely jump to a conclusion before all of the facts are presented.

YR

Alexander

Reaction score
So, you believe that David Rich never showed the flight records to Ian Rappaport?

His agent is also doing his job to protect the reputation of his client by putting his situation in the court of public opinion. If he wants a career in the NFL going forward, his reputation needs to be clear. He may have shown Rapoport something, who knows or even cares.

More importantly did he show that to the Cowboys and they chose to ignore it? That is all that matters.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
His agent is also doing his job to protect the reputation of his client by putting his situation in the court of public opinion. If he wants a career in the NFL going forward, his reputation needs to be clear. He may have shown Rapoport something, who knows or even cares.

More importantly did he show that to the Cowboys and they chose to ignore it? That is all that matters.

The Cowboys didn't hear about this until camp was started. Supposedly, neither did Lucky or his agent. As you have pointed out numerous times, Lucky stated that he didn't know anything about this.

By that time the Cowboys cut Lucky and his agent didn't get a chance to show the flight records to them. Can't ignore something when you've already made your decision.

It would be tremendously stupid for his agent to lie about flight records.

Either that flight took off when they said it did and Lucky boarded that flight or he didn't. It's really that simple.

YR

Alexander

Reaction score
It would be tremendously stupid for his agent to lie about flight records.

Not really. His job is to create deniability and keep his client marketable. His attorney would be the one who would be bringing this up as evidence to combat what is an active warrant for his arrest. His agent is there to put it out there that this is all a grand mystery and keep an opportunity to quickly land with another team open.

Either that flight took off when they said it did and Lucky boarded that flight or he didn't. It's really that simple.
I doubt any team is going to demand to see the ticket stubs in the future.

We will know soon enough when he answers the court summons.