News: Luepke Focused On Being Best Version of Himself

speedkilz88

Reaction score
a79ifhz5jhsahz4dkrsw.jpg

Nick Harris
DC.COM

FRISCO, Texas — Even at one of the most prolific programs in all of Division I football, North Dakota State fullback Hunter Luepke made a name for himself in his four years for the Bison.

The Spencer, Wis. native quickly became a fan favorite in Fargo with his versatility as a ball-carrier and pass-catcher for one of the top offenses in FCS which led to him being one of the Dallas Cowboys' first undrafted free agent signings after the NFL Draft last month.

"At NDSU, I kind of played everything and they moved me all over," Luepke said. "I had to learn the whole offense, I had to know what the o-line was doing, what the quarterback was thinking, what the tight ends and fullbacks were doing. It helped me learn the game of football a little bit more which I think really helped me get to where I am today."

LINK to rest of article

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Special teams is key," he said. "If you want to play on a team and if you want to play for a long time, you gotta embrace special teams and it's something I'm really looking forward to [doing]. I'm trying to be as versatile as possible to help out this team. First things first, I gotta make the squad and I gotta learn the playbook."
There you go! Young buck is going to do whatever it takes to make the 53 and play on Sunday. He knows it starts with special teams. Love it!

Rayman70

Reaction score
just make the team kid. I think he is a swiss army knife. H Back, rb, Te and special teamer. Reminds me of a Raider back in the day, Mark Van Eeghen.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is good. I'm not sure I want to see him trying to be the best version of Tony Pollard.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Is his shoulder healthy now, or are they just not wanting to talk about it, since it's just OTAs and it doesn't yet matter...?

I'm sure I'm not the first to observe that Luepke and Fant are probably fighting for one roster slot that may or may not materialize. They're both listed at 6-1, and the former is 230, the latter 240. Going to be one of the more interesting camp battles... again, again... assuming Luepke can take contact by then.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'll care when he actually makes the team. Too many UDFAs hyped up this time of year.

But my gut tells me he's Jim Thorpe.
This class is even better than last year's though. Less players, but more have a chance to make this team or another one.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
just make the team kid. I think he is a swiss army knife. H Back, rb, Te and special teamer. Reminds me of a Raider back in the day, Mark Van Eeghen.
He can make it, but he'd be even better with an offseason of speed and strength training and the proverbial peanut butter diet.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I get a feeling that Luepke may turn out to be a pleasant surprise for the Cowboys and their fans. Hoping we've uncovered a gem in this guy.

chagus

Reaction score
I get a feeling that Luepke may turn out to be a pleasant surprise for the Cowboys and their fans. Hoping we've uncovered a gem in this guy.
I hope you're right. The dude just look like a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Works hard and is dedicated to his craft.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waiting to see what he does in TC and PS games. Pulling for him to be the next Moose.

But we do need a RB for him to block for.

sbark

Reaction score
Luepke brings up thoughts on Todd Christianson.....drafted as a FB