Luka concern

RonWashington

Reaction score
Brunson isnt going to be the #2 option on a championship team. Even with Luka

No he may not be but look what happened when Luka is hurt and it looked like another one and done against Utah . Brunson to the rescue. He’s a definite piece to the puzzle .

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No he may not be but look what happened when Luka is hurt and it looked like another one and done against Utah . Brunson to the rescue. He’s a definite piece to the puzzle .
The talk was about adding another star, which Dallas needed to do (and got Wood). Look at GS series, not the Utah one as evidence they needed another star

RonWashington

Reaction score
Knicks unloaded 2 salaries to the Pistons to get cap space for a Jalen Brunson run . Cuban better take care of business. You made the West finals now don’t go backwards.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Knicks unloaded 2 salaries to the Pistons to get cap space for a Jalen Brunson run . Cuban better take care of business. You made the West finals now don’t go backwards.
Knicks are supposedly going to off 4 years for 110. Thats 27 million a year for Brunson

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Might as well face it. He's going bye-bye.
Maybe Knicks will do an S&T. You wont get anything more than a 2nd back but you will get a big trade exception. Probably 29 million, as that is rumored to be Brunsons year 1 salary if he signs with them

IIRC, Dallas wouldnt be hard capped

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Remember when people thought Mark Cuban was smart? While not quite as literal as some of his ex-employees, he just got caught with his pants down. Its my understanding Brunson would have signed a $55 million dollar deal earlier in the year, but the Mavericks held off.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Remember when people thought Mark Cuban was smart? While not quite as literal as some of his ex-employees, he just got caught with his pants down. Its my understanding Brunson would have signed a $55 million dollar deal earlier in the year, but the Mavericks held off.

Don't fall for the okie doke from Brunson's agent and his dad. It was reported at the time that the Mavs were willing to make that offer back in January but were told by JB's reps that they would NOT sign it so the offer was never officially made. I suspect neither side is telling the 100% truth about how things went down.. but everything I heard around the trade deadline was that the Mavs were offering that same $56 million deal to both DoDo and Brunson. DFS signed his and Brunson balked. On advice of his dad and his agent. Now that may turn out to have been a really smart move on their part, but a pretty ungrateful one given that the Mavs were good enough to structure his rookie deal to get him to this point sooner even though they had no real obligation to do so.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't fall for the okie doke from Brunson's agent and his dad. It was reported at the time that the Mavs were willing to make that offer back in January but were told by JB's reps that they would NOT sign it so the offer was never officially made. I suspect neither side is telling the 100% truth about how things went down.. but everything I heard around the trade deadline was that the Mavs were offering that same $56 million deal to both DoDo and Brunson. DFS signed his and Brunson balked. On advice of his dad and his agent. Now that may turn out to have been a really smart move on their part, but a pretty ungrateful one given that the Mavs were good enough to structure his rookie deal to get him to this point sooner even though they had no real obligation to do so.
Could be wrong, but even if he was restricted, NY could offer him what they are. Dont think the Mavs would have (or should have) matched

RonWashington

Reaction score
Now that I’ve predicted before it happened oh yeah on this thread I believe Brunsons exit to New Yawk who takes his place ? Can’t go far in the playoffs without a Luka / Wood supplement .