Signed by Cowboys LVE signed

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
What’s crazy is that even after this signing we’ll still have somewhere in the neighborhood of $9 million in cap space.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Heck yeah we did!
It can be debated. yes, they get payed like kings but, I have a better chance of quality of life later in life. They put their bodies through hell for our entertainment. Got to respect that.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Thank God. Otherwise we would all get a roundhouse kick to the face.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seems like the old days with Jimmy signing players very early.

It used to be draft choices did not get signed until late with #1 picks not getting signed until Training camp. Even with Jimmy here, Emmitt Smith did not show for the 1st week of camp when he was drafted by the Cowboys. Also Jimmy did not negotiate contracts. Reason guys get signed quicker now days is because of the rookie cap, no longer are guys holding out for massive deals as a rookie draft choice.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
It used to be draft choices did not get signed until late with #1 picks not getting signed until Training camp. Even with Jimmy here, Emmitt Smith did not show for the 1st week of camp when he was drafted by the Cowboys. Also Jimmy did not negotiate contracts. Reason guys get signed quicker now days is because of the rookie cap, no longer are guys holding out for massive deals as a rookie draft choice.

I guess the slotting works to the teams side.
They just move about money into bonus as they need.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the rookie cap was one of the smartest things the NFL did. You had guys like QB Jamarcus Russell coming in day 1 making 68 million dollar contract which at the time was more than several vet QB who had skins on the wall.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I love how they changed that.

I can't believe they used to have a system like they did in place before. So glad that it's gone.