Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Poison Set 2020 Stadium Tour - Tour Dates Announced Post 36

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I remember staying up to watch Friday Night Videos on NBC (I didn't yet have cable, so no MTV) where people would call in to vote on videos. I distinctly remember watching the "battle" of Duran Duran's Hungry Like the Wolf vs Bowie's Let's Dance. I recall all the girls at school drooling over John Taylor.

Speaking of big releases, I remember the buildup for Thriller. For some reason it was shown on Showtime. Someone who had one of those giant satellite dishes recorded it for me on VHS.
I didn't have cable growing up either and that is what I watched. (Friday Night Videos) Only when I was at friends houses did I get to see Headbanger's Ball.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember Van Halen's "Lost Weekend" contest?
I sent in a ton of entries and being the huge VH fan I that am was fairly certain I would win. Turns out the winner was a 1st class nerd whos first experience with VH was probably hearing Jump.

Sadly I don't remember that one, tell me more about it? Was it Van Halen or Van Hagar at that point?

Hardline

Reaction score
Yeah, far different times. I felt that music was more of a 'big deal' than it is now. But maybe that's my age talking? But I don't know of a similar practice or place like MTV and the videos back then. They were a big deal, along with album releases. Thriller as you mentioned sent the benchmark, Pink Floyd debuting the Wall in England, and listener contests like Mellencamp's Pink Houses. In its heyday, MTV and the video age made music feel like big event entertainment.
Music is a lot more accessible now and we don't anticipate album and CD releases anymore .
I heard two songs from one of my favorite bands a month before the CD came out .

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Thanks for the article. Midget security guards? Now I've heard everything. I wonder if Dave got them in the divorce. :D

Yes, the midget security were Dave's, hired as somewhat of a joke. He said he asked one of them one time in Vegas, "so what's life like as a little guy"? He replied "to me life is just a series of arseholes and elbows'.:laugh:Dave understood completely.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just to set the record straight, Motley straight up rocks, Def Leppard is just barely half a down the ladder and Poison straight up sucks. And I will be going to as many of these shows as I can. I'm literally refreshing the tour page on Motleys website half a dozen times a day to find out the dates.

:yourock:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just to set the record straight, Motley straight up rocks, Def Leppard is just barely half a down the ladder and Poison straight up sucks. And I will be going to as many of these shows as I can. I'm literally refreshing the tour page on Motleys website half a dozen times a day to find out the dates.

:yourock:

Agree Dog, looking for the best destinations to make a weekend of it :flagwave:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joan Jett added! Full story worth reading:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/motley-crue-def-leppard-poison-223028290.html

Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, Joan Jett: Stadium Tour 2020 dates:

July 7: Miami – Hard Rock Stadium

July 9: Orlando, Florida – Camping World Stadium

July 11: Charlotte, North Carolina – Bank Of America Stadium

July 14: Arlington, Texas – Globe Life Field

July 15: Houston – Minute Maid Park

July 19: San Francisco – Oracle Park

July 23: San Diego – Petco Park

July 25: Phoenix (Glendale) – State Farm Stadium

Aug. 9: Atlanta, Suntrust Park

Aug. 11: Hershey, Pennsylvania –Hersheypark Stadium

Aug. 13: Buffalo, New York –New Era Field

Aug. 15: Philadelphia – Citizens Bank Park

Aug. 16: Pittsburgh – PNC Park

Aug. 18: Milwaukee – Miller Park

Aug. 20: Detroit – Comerica Park

Aug. 22: Washington D.C. – Nationals Park

Aug. 23: Flushing, New York – Citi Field

Aug. 25: Boston – Fenway Park

Aug. 28: Chicago – Wrigley Field

Aug. 30: Denver – Coors Field

Sept. 2: Seattle – T-Mobile Park

Sept. 5: Los Angeles – Sofi Stadium

Hardline

Reaction score
July 14: Arlington, Texas – Globe Life Field

This is the brand new Texas Rangers baseball park .It's not even finished being built yet.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Disappointed that I don’t have an excuse to see this in Vegas :mad:

I guess Flushing it is and hang around for a Mets game :thumbup: