Mac Brown talking smack

jimmy40

Reaction score
Mac Brown telling reporters in post game pc that Texas deserves to be in a BCS game more than other teams(Utah) being talked about and the reporters should vote that way. Wow, you could knock me over with a feather. No more Mr. Nice guy. About freakin time.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Too bad for Mac that:

1. Everyone loves Utah.
2. BCS wants Utah to sell Fiesta Bowl tickets.
3. Utah dominated every opponent this year including A&M.

Sorry, Mac, ain't gonna' happen. It does suck that they will probably get shut-out because of the stupid agreements with conference winners. Teams like Utah belong in the BCS unlike teams such as Boston College in a WEAK Big East.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
It seems to me that Texas had their chance to prove they were worth a pretty penny. They played Oklahoma! What more do you want? They blew their chances, now they have to settle for whatever the screwed up college ranking system gives them.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Texas is overrated. They had their chance to put away Texas AM and they failed to do that. Texas barely beat a weak Kansas and Arkansas.

Avery

Reaction score
Here's the solution: lose these stupid conference ties.

Guess what team could be going to a BCS Bowl? Yep, Pittsburgh with a 7-3 record. The 6-5 Orangeman could also be the Big East representative in the Fiesta Bowl.

And if Colorado, with a 4-4 conference record in the Big 12 North, beats OU in the title game next week, they're in as well.

These conference affiliations are killing the game.

Solution: top 8 teams in the nation face off in the four bowls. No conferences, just weighted computer averages.

Orange Bowl - 1. USC vs 2. Oklahoma
Rose Bowl - 3. Auburn vs. 4. California
Fiesta Bowl - 5. Texas vs. 6. Utah
Sugar Bowl - 7. Boise State vs. 8. Georgia

Does this solve the debate for the best three teams in the nation? Nope, only a playoff could do that and there's no way the NCAA would ever extend their season to accommodate such a thing. This way, top 8 teams get their bids, no at-large or throw-ins accepted.

Of course, we all know the NCAA will do opposite of common sense.

jimmy40

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Texas is overrated. They had their chance to put away Texas AM and they failed to do that. Texas barely beat a weak Kansas and Arkansas.
The most overated team in America is Utah, not that Texas isn't overated. Oh well, as long as stinkinarse Notre Dame is nowhere near a BCS game it can't be all bad.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Mac Brown talking smack is like the Coyote mocking the road runner....
He sure owns A&M's *** though don't he?

jimmy40

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
It seems to me that Texas had their chance to prove they were worth a pretty penny. They played Oklahoma! What more do you want? They blew their chances, now they have to settle for whatever the screwed up college ranking system gives them.
At least they played somebody. Who's the best team Utah played?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Avery said:
Does this solve the debate for the best three teams in the nation? Nope, only a playoff could do that and there's no way the NCAA would ever extend their season to accommodate such a thing. This way, top 8 teams get their bids, no at-large or throw-ins accepted.

Of course, we all know the NCAA will do opposite of common sense.

Funny how Divison 1aa football has a 16 team playoff format that works fine.

By Bearkats just won this weekend to make it to the qtr finals. Funny thing is I quit watching most the Bowl games because the product is diluted there are now 25 bowls that means almost 1/2 of the Divison 1 schools go Bowling

The Bowl games ratings are not up they have been flat for years and the sad thing is the Playoffs would generate more hype and money than the Bowl games ever thought about look at the NCAA Baskeball touranment it does better than anything the NBA puts out.

Avery

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Funny how Divison 1aa football has a 16 team playoff format that works fine.

By Bearkats just won this weekend to make it to the qtr finals. Funny thing is I quit watching most the Bowl games because the product is diluted there are now 25 bowls that means almost 1/2 of the Divison 1 schools go Bowling

The Bowl games ratings are not up they have been flat for years and the sad thing is the Playoffs would generate more hype and money than the Bowl games ever thought about look at the NCAA Baskeball touranment it does better than anything the NBA puts out.

It's all about the $$$$$. Too many bowls with too many sponsers = $$$$$ for NCAA.

And Utah is not overrated. They thrashed the same team A&M team that Texas struggled with in the 1st half as well as setting UNC records for mediocrity in their win, the same UNC team that upset Miami.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Texas is a pretty good football team. Utah is also pretty good but they don't play the schedule some of the others do. I have watched Utah all year. I think Alex Smith should be a Heisman candidate. They have outstanding lines and very tough offense but that doesn't mean Texas doesn't deserve to be in the BCS. Texas has one loss, to OU 12-0. Nobody has held OU to 12 in like two years or something. That aint bad. Texas deserves to be in the BCS regardless. What's more, this is the second year in a row Texas was at 5 and got looked over for the BCS. At some point, you gotta say this aint right.

Avery

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Texas is a pretty good football team. Utah is also pretty good but they don't play the schedule some of the others do. I have watched Utah all year. I think Alex Smith should be a Heisman candidate. They have outstanding lines and very tough offense but that doesn't mean Texas doesn't deserve to be in the BCS. Texas has one loss, to OU 12-0. Nobody has held OU to 12 in like two years or something. That aint bad. Texas deserves to be in the BCS regardless. What's more, this is the second year in a row Texas was at 5 and got looked over for the BCS. At some point, you gotta say this aint right.

Totally agree that Texas should get a BCS bid.

A playoff with the top eight teams determined by existing BCS numbers would cause some serious ratings and eliminate much of the mess.

I would watch every single one of those games. It would be an awesome spectacle for sure.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Avery said:
Totally agree that Texas should get a BCS bid.

A playoff with the top eight teams determined by existing BCS numbers would cause some serious ratings and eliminate much of the mess.

I would watch every single one of those games. It would be an awesome spectacle for sure.
This would blow the Final Four out of the water.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Avery said:

Yep. Not having any playoffs really pisses me off in college football. There's no excuse. Even college hockey and baseball have their own playoff system. I really think it's sad how you know your team's season is already over after one loss. What's the point of watching a team play in the FreeBeer.Com Bowl? :rolleyes: I enjoy watching college basketball more than college football mainly because of the Final Four, and that's with my college team never having a chance in hell to get to the Final Four! :p I'd like to see a playoff bracket as large as the NFL but I'm realistic. I'd be happy with eight teams. To me, top 25 polls are the equivalent of giving the Lombardi Trophy to the top team on ESPN's power rankings. They really need to throw in a playoff system in college ball. Ratings would sky rocket if they did, I don't see why they won't.