Machota final 7 round Cowboys mock

rambo2

Reaction score
or get the best Center in the draft but i can definitely see The Jones having tunnel vision to trade down.
Best center in the draft looks to be Jackson Powers-Johnson. Anyway Barton, Powers-Johnson, and Frazier are all close to each other.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Not bad, but I hate that I'm seeing all these late mocks have us taking a RB at 57. Specifically Brooks. Not that I don't want him or any starting RB cuz I do, but I don't want to take one just because, like we did last year at TE. We need to play the board and w/ our first 3 picks we need to get the best guys we can get at any of these positions:
any O-lineman (figure it out) RB, DE, LB, WR, DT or CB.
If it happens to be a RB at 57 great! so be it, but I'm saying don't pass on a stud DE, LB or WR just to reach for a RB.
Everyone, even those on the cowboys site claim they love Brooks. And they probably should, he has first round talent and production and is going in the 2nd round only because of injury.

Carson

Reaction score
Everyone, even those on the cowboys site claim they love Brooks. And they probably should, he has first round talent and production and is going in the 2nd round only because of injury.
I do like Brooks.

If we land something like

JPJ, Brooks, Cedric Gray I would be stoked going into day 3.

morasp

Reaction score
I lilke the first two and Crumedy.

We already have Asim Richards

Two-year starter with long legs, a physical demeanor and a limited athletic profile. Rosengarten is smart and uses all the tricks in his bag to make up for his lack of fluidity. His ability to help protect his quarterback in five-man protections helped to bring the Huskies the Joe Moore Award (given to the top offensive line in college football), but he might be too slow-footed to stay in front of NFL rushers. He's below average as a bender and still needs to work on his hand placement, but a move inside to guard could give him a better shot at making a roster as a mauler on a physical front.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Agreed. But they need two starters on the Oline. We dont have a 4th rounder(yet) and if you wait unitl the 5th to grab a Tackle you're not finding a year 1 starter. You might get lucky and find a Center.
We don't need two starters on the o- line. We need one. A center. We have to trust one of last years backups to step up or there is no point in having them on the roster. We need to fix the run defense. Period. I'll take three picks on the front seven please before taking a 2nd o-lineman

funkytown817

Reaction score
We don't need two starters on the o- line. We need one. A center. We have to trust one of last years backups to step up or there is no point in having them on the roster. We need to fix the run defense. Period. I'll take three picks on the front seven please before taking a 2nd o-lineman
Who is our LT ? If its Tyler, then who is our LG? I see two holes unless you think Bass or Richards is a starter.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Who is our LT ? If its Tyler, then who is our LG? I see two holes unless you think Bass or Richards is a starter.
You have to let a player you have developed play eventually. Yes. I see Bass as a starter at guard. So does Nate Newton. I think Bass is a better player than Mazi at this point. Who else you playing at DT other than Osa? There is NOTHING there. Look, we have run the ball well at times and still lost big games. We continually get gashed in the run game. It's happened for years. If it's a choice between 2 picks in the front seven and 2 picks at O-line, I'm taking the front seven.

funkytown817

Reaction score
You have to let a player you have developed play eventually. Yes. I see Bass as a starter at guard. So does Nate Newton. I think Bass is a better player than Mazi at this point. Who else you playing at DT other than Osa? There is NOTHING there. Look, we have run the ball well at times and still lost big games. We continually get gashed in the run game. It's happened for years. If it's a choice between 2 picks in the front seven and 2 picks at O-line, I'm taking the front seven.
I dont disagree with any of that. i think Bass can start, but he was an UDFA. I think getting a better, more talented player in the first 3 rounds would be beneficial.

But i'm with you on DT, even at end. We need some talent on the Dline. I was not a fan of the Mazi pick, and hate it even more now.