Madden 2005

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Who is here is planning on getting Madden 2005? I want to play some of you guys.

It would be cool if you this site had a Madden Section.

- Mike G.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
i plan on buying it for my PC when it drops in price... i'm not sure what it will start at but usually its 50, and i dont like paying that much :D call me cheap, but everyone else just calls it hummer :cool:

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I will get it for the Xbox, hopefully they will do a better job with it then what they have done with NCAA Football.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yep. XBox beats PS2 in all major categories but, I have one word.....

Free :D

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I wish they would make it to where you could play across both platforms. I am not sure how feasible that would be though.

- Mike G.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:

- Mike G.
Hey I am just ribbing you a little. Anyway nothing taste better than free or stolen beer so I guess the same can be said about a free PS2, lol.

As far as cross platforming I doubt we see it in the near future with consoles but with the xbox/xbox2 and pc it is right around the corner.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I wish they would make it to where you could play across both platforms. I am not sure how feasible that would be though.

- Mike G.
Unfortunately, Consumers (us) and the game makers (them) have two different ideas of what 'feasible' means. For us it means 'can it be done?'. The answer is yes. For them it means 'can it be done while still protecting our market share and making loads of money?' The answer seems to be a resounding no.
</soapbox>

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:

- Mike G.

Does ANYONE pay for PS2 games anymore?

Ive got an XBox and a PS2, but i play the ps2 more as the games are so freakin' easy to pirate.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
What do you have to have to pirate a PS2 game? I just rented NCAA Football 2005, so you could say I am very interested in this subject :).

- Mike G.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
The chip does not have to be suatered

One thing you can not connect it to xbox live though it will tost the xbox

Just do a google search on it

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
I wouldnt do it on xbox anymore, kangaroo. the new xbox console updates can detect certain modchips without them being active when you connect to live. A buddy got his xbox banned off of Live this week when he tried to play NCAA 2k5 after picking it up. Had to go buy a new xbox.

In order to play pirated ps2 games, all you need is a DVD burner, a ps2 (either modded or you can use a swapdisc/slide tool - just google for the info), and a source for ps2 game isos (i use a ps2 iso newsgroup) for download.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Linux strikes at microsoft once again (the bane of microsoft)

Linux successfully operating on Xbox for first time

EUROPE -- August 16 2002 -- Today the Xbox Linux project announced that it had succeeded in fully booting Linux on the Microsoft Xbox™ Gaming System. The free operating system Linux is able to be booted either from flash memory, or (more easily) from a CD inserted into the machine. (The Xbox still needs to have an Xbox modchip fitted to allow it to run unsigned code).

This is a landmark in the struggle for control of the Xbox, which features PC-like hardware, an Intel™ CPU, a standard hard disk drive and DVD drive. Microsoft had been counting on the purchasers of the Xbox remaining passive consumers of paid-for content, and they additionally plan to market a paid-for walled community ISP service for the boxes later this year, known as 'Xbox Live'. However with the first release of Xbox Linux, consumers will soon have a choice to connect to the normal Internet, using normal browsers, and run any Linux programs for free. They will also be able to play any audio (e.g. MP3) and video content they choose without restrictions.

In the first release Linux boots into a network-enabled state, running a web server and telnet, which allows you to log into the box from another machine. Although there is no audio or video output and input device connectivity yet, users have full control on the Xbox through the network, an Xbox with Linux can already be used as a network server, and by developers to add more features to Linux on the Xbox.

Future releases of Xbox Linux are planned to fully support all Xbox hardware (video, audio), as well as standard keyboards, mice, webcams etc., so that it can be used just as an ordinary computer, but at a significantly lower price. The Operating System is made available under terms known as the GNU GPL, which mean that the software may be copied freely at no charge.

Michael Steil (mist@c64.org)
Andy Green (andy@warmcat.com)
Milosch Meriac (xboxlinux@meriac.de)

http://www.xbreporter.com/xbox_linux.php

Plus another new chip out

Aladdin Advance Xbox Mod Chip

http://www.xbreporter.com/aladdin_xbox_mod_chip.php

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah, I know about the Mod chip for XBOX, but can you do it on PS2?

A friend of mine bought a mod chip off the internet and succesfully installed it on his XBOX. He would just rent games from Blockbuster and put them on the XBOX harddive. He did say the downfall was that when you got an update, it would be detected, but he had some type of switch where he could turn it off if he needed an update.

- Mike G.