Madden: Cowboys ARE America's Team

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
• NBC's John Madden said the Dallas Cowboys' "America's Team" aura isn't just marketing hype. (The Cowboys face the Chicago Bears on NBC on Sunday night.) "The Dallas Cowboys have more fans than any team in the country," Madden said, according to highlights of a conference call this week. "When you go on the road and you go to the visiting team hotel, the Dallas Cowboys lead the league in hotel lobbies. You go to some teams, and there'll be like 10 people in the lobby. You go to the Dallas Cowboys, and there will be like 1,000. It's just that wherever the Cowboys go, they are stars."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/bal-sp.frager21sep21,0,5229342.column

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Miami/Dallas game was a perfect example. It was just a sea of Cowboys fans throughout Dolphins Stadium. Let other teams like the Patriots think they're America's Team because of their success in recent years. When it comes to fan loyalty AND media coverage (good or bad), Dallas doesn't take a bad seat to any team. We are America's Team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;1658902 said:
The Miami/Dallas game was a perfect example. It was just a sea of Cowboys fans throughout Dolphins Stadium. Let other teams like the Patriots think they're America's Team because of their success in recent years. When it comes to fan loyalty AND media coverage (good or bad), Dallas doesn't take a bad seat to any team. We are America's Team.
Hearing those fans yell "Let's Go Cowboys" right before MBIII's 40 yard TD was priceless. If the folks in South Florida didn't know who is America's Team, they know now.

sago1

Reaction score
Sure would be nice to show to everyone we really are America's Team by winning a SB soon. We've got a good offense although I'd like to see a better running game. Our defense must continue to improve as we wait for Newman (might play against the Bears?) and Ellis (don't expect see him for another month) to return.

Jon

Reaction score
An all-'America's Team' clash

You and John Madden have something in common. "The most fun I ever had in a football season," he said, "was 1985." As he and Al Michaels return to Chicago to call Sunday night's Cowboys-Bears game for NBC Sports, Madden says it's more than simply a clash of two NFC powers. "When Chicago wins -- if they get back to being the top team in the NFC or the NFL -- they could truly be America's team," he said. "But until then, that's what Dallas is. For years people have said, 'That's a bunch of baloney,' but it's not. The Dallas Cowboys lead the league in hotel lobbies. You'll go to some and you'll see like 10 [fans] in the lobby. With the Dallas Cowboys, it's like 1,000."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...messep21,1,3133522.story?coll=cs-sports-print

JerryFan

Reaction score
Jon;1658947 said:
An all-'America's Team' clash

You and John Madden have something in common. "The most fun I ever had in a football season," he said, "was 1985." As he and Al Michaels return to Chicago to call Sunday night's Cowboys-Bears game for NBC Sports, Madden says it's more than simply a clash of two NFC powers. "When Chicago wins -- if they get back to being the top team in the NFC or the NFL -- they could truly be America's team," he said. "But until then, that's what Dallas is. For years people have said, 'That's a bunch of baloney,' but it's not. The Dallas Cowboys lead the league in hotel lobbies. You'll go to some and you'll see like 10 [fans] in the lobby. With the Dallas Cowboys, it's like 1,000."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...messep21,1,3133522.story?coll=cs-sports-print

Aint going to happen. The Bears front office is to cheap and honestly nobody really cares about the Bears outside of Illinois. I meet Cowboy fans everywhere I go. Hell, I live in central IL and go to a lot of St. Louis Cardinal games and meet tons of Cowboy fans there. I don't see the Bears having national appeal.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Every time a team gets decent for a little while they try to claim that Title, but let's face facts the Cowboys have been the most popular team dating back to the early 70's and other teams and Fans can't stand it!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Love the Cowboys or hate the Cowboys they draw fans and viewers to the game and that is what makes the Cowboys America's team

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
You guys just watch ROMO, he will light them up, he is the real deal, he will be the next Staubach, he's got it, just like TO has it, your born with it , you either have it or you don't. Marcus spears doesn't have it, never will but that's another subject, MBIII has it, Cowboys will roll...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1659062 said:
Ah... yes... Great sig.... "still" is rather unneccessary though :D
Sometimes I wonder. Dang media and some people I know......

QT

Reaction score
How are we not America's Team? Stop labeling other teams America's Team. For instance, last year I heard the Saint's with that label. Now you hear that about the Patriots.

Someone needs to make a nationwide poll. Factor in sales, fans, etc...

Who is America's Team?
a) The Dallas Cowboys
b) The Dallas Cowboys
c) The Dallas Cowboys
d) all of the above

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
If Dallas wins this game, they will truly be the "Monsters of the Midway," but until then, it will be the Bears.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lurkercowboy;1659109 said:
If Dallas wins this game, they will truly be the "Monsters of the Midway," but until then, it will be the Bears.
I LOVE IT!!!:bow:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1659120 said:
Dallas, Green Bay and Pittsburgh have the most dedicated fans in the NFL!

I agree but Dallas has the most across America ... by far.

We haven't won a playoff game in eons but have nationally televised games like we are the defending SB champs.

Fans that do not love the Boys, hate them.

No one is lukewarm on the Boys.

I am very lukewarm on the Pack or Saints or even Pats. I grant the Pats respect for this current group lead by Brady but really could have hardly noticed them prior to Brady even when Bledsoe had them in the SB.

Reaction score
jterrell;1659138 said:
I agree but Dallas has the most across America ... by far.

We haven't won a playoff game in eons but have nationally televised games like we are the defending SB champs.

Fans that do not love the Boys, hate them.

No one is lukewarm on the Boys.

I am very lukewarm on the Pack or Saints or even Pats. I grant the Pats respect for this current group lead by Brady but really could have hardly noticed them prior to Brady even when Bledsoe had them in the SB.

I really believe Dallas is America's team by far but just stating those other two have a good following as well...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1658899 said:
• NBC's John Madden said the Dallas Cowboys' "America's Team" aura isn't just marketing hype. (The Cowboys face the Chicago Bears on NBC on Sunday night.) "The Dallas Cowboys have more fans than any team in the country," Madden said, according to highlights of a conference call this week. "When you go on the road and you go to the visiting team hotel, the Dallas Cowboys lead the league in hotel lobbies. You go to some teams, and there'll be like 10 people in the lobby. You go to the Dallas Cowboys, and there will be like 1,000. It's just that wherever the Cowboys go, they are stars."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/bal-sp.frager21sep21,0,5229342.column

Madden is just another follower. The Cowboys are on the upswing so he comes out with "Cowboys are America's Team"... he says this as we got the name back

IIRC he had gone along with the Pats and Saints when they(or the media/fans) were trying to call themselves America's Team or the new America's Team

He is a major waffler