Madden curse...

Justis

Reaction score
I've never been a big believer in curses, and the Madden curse seemed inconsistent at best. In fact I was sure that McNabb, the one who beat the Campbell's chunky soup curse, wouldn't suffer under it. I'm not sure how curses work, but there has been a colossal backlash now. Every player who appeared on the cover of a Madden video game is feeling it.
Madden 2001-Eddie George (out of the league)
Madden 2002-Daunte Culpepper (thrown for 4 TDs and 10 ints)
Madden 2003-Marshall Faulk (Lost starting position to some 2nd year punk)
Madden 2004-Michael Vick (has had injury issues all year, has only played one full game)
Madden 2005-Ray Lewis (The figure head of the most dissapointing defense in football)
Madden 2006-Donavan McNabb (This man had better get this surgery before he ruins his career)

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
So how about for Madded 2007 we put Eli on the cover and in 08- we put Portis, that will take care of our entire divsion:D:D. Oh Yea!!!

Justis

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
So how about for Madded 2007 we put Eli on the cover and in 08- we put Portis, that will take care of our entire divsion:D:D. Oh Yea!!!
Doubt it'll be Eli, I just hope it isn't Roy.

Slyster

Benched
Reaction score
The Madden curse doesnt carry over from the prevous year. The person on the cover seems to either get hurt or play poorly. Then the next year they come back and play like they did to get on the cover.

Hiero

Reaction score
yep, i was hoping this would happen, and woohoo it has. this curse really does happen every year. just hope they never put RW on it, although it would look like a badass cover.

Gordon

Reaction score
The Madden Curse is what happens to the player in the year that the game is released not for their entire careers. For instance, Vick was injured in the preseason the year he was on the cover, and missed the first 12 regular season games. Marshall Faulk got hurt his year, Culpepper had his worst year of his career, and George either got hurt or that's when his numb ers started going down drastically, not sure.

People say it ended with Ray Lewis, since he stayed healthy, and still made the pro bowl, and won awards and such, but he had a significant drop in production last year.

McNabb was putting up good numbers prior to yesterday, but he's a walking band-aid right now, and it's probably going to catch up to him whether his stats take a dip or he ends up on the shelf.

Justis

Reaction score
Slyster said:
The Madden curse doesnt carry over from the prevous year. The person on the cover seems to either get hurt or play poorly. Then the next year they come back and play like they did to get on the cover.
You didn't right the rule. You have to admit it's interesting that this year every Madden cover star has had terrible play if they are allowed to play at all. I say that Mcnabb bit off more than he could chew with the Madden cover and unleashed it's evil, or something.