Madden install problem

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I reloaded my pc over the weekend, why I did that I have no idea, but when I try to install Madden 2005 it gets to 66% and locks up my pc. The only change I have made was I bought a Radeon X800 256 meg video card. Has anyone come across this problem?

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Just for troubleshooting purposes, you should try installing it w/ your previous video card installed in the PC. That way you can definitely cross off the video card as your problem. It could be numerous things, but I'd start w/ the video card first, since that is really the only thing that has changed.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
SteveOS said:
Just for troubleshooting purposes, you should try installing it w/ your previous video card installed in the PC. That way you can definitely cross off the video card as your problem. It could be numerous things, but I'd start w/ the video card first, since that is really the only thing that has changed.
The old card is in my spare pc and it installed with no problems.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
You probably have some .vxd issues...

Video cards can mess you up...

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
The old card is in my spare pc and it installed with no problems.

As much of a pain in the *** this would be, you should pull the video card in the spare PC and put it in the problem PC. If Madden installs fine, there is some quirkyness w/ your new video card (since that is the only new hardware you have installed). Another thing you might want to try, is grabbing the latest video drivers for the video card.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
SteveOS said:
As much of a pain in the *** this would be, you should pull the video card in the spare PC and put it in the problem PC. If Madden installs fine, there is some quirkyness w/ your new video card (since that is the only new hardware you have installed). Another thing you might want to try, is grabbing the latest video drivers for the video card.
I thought I had the latest but I'll try it. thanks

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
Yeager, you also want to make sure that Direct X is up to date, the other thing you should update in addition to video drivers are sound drivers. These can cause major problems as well. Hope that helps!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cowboyfan81 said:
Yeager, you also want to make sure that Direct X is up to date, the other thing you should update in addition to video drivers are sound drivers. These can cause major problems as well. Hope that helps!
I updated the video drivers and it still locked up but in a different place.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I finally got it to install. It was either norton utils or the driver updates.