Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Cowboys

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;3970338 said:
The game looks great, but too bad every Madden thread here turns negative.

Looked really good. The players movement looks much more realistic and less robotic. The one thing that pisses me off is those dang sea-foam green pants and our royal blue numbers. Once again we don't even match the colors on our helmets.

:bang2:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3970320 said:
Looks like 11, 10, 09.

It does look pretty much the same. They keep focusing on Stadiums, crowds, celebrations, pregame ceremonies and other BS and refuse to change the blocking and other things that have been mediocre for years. I personally could care less how much better it looks if the game play is the same year after year.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Doomsday;3970883 said:
It does look pretty much the same. They keep focusing on Stadiums, crowds, celebrations, pregame ceremonies and other BS and refuse to change the blocking and other things that have been mediocre for years. I personally could care less how much better it looks if the game play is the same year after year.

They worked on blocking last year and worked on it again this year.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2222-Madden-NFL-12-Hands-On-Impressions

The most talked about feature amongst the Madden NFL 12 community has been the elimination of suction blocking and tackling. Gone are the days where your Linebacker shoots through the line of scrimmage with a clear path at the running back only to slide sideways into an Offensive Lineman who is out of position to initiate the block. In Madden NFL 12, if this same scenario presents itself, your HB will find himself on the ground seeing birdies. However, since suction has been removed across the board, no longer can a defender just run up to you with a poor angle and make the easy tackle. This year blocking and tackling are only initiated by contact.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Good lord the graphics are horrible. It's amazing how the screenshots for madden games always look amazing while the game in action looks horrendous.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3970898 said:
Good lord the graphics are horrible. It's amazing how the screenshots for madden games always look amazing while the game in action looks horrendous.

Not a big Madden fan or anything, but I don't agree with this at all. That game looks absolutely gorgeous. Some of those team huddle shots could easily be mistaken for real game footage at passing glance.

Madden (and NCAA) have significant flaws, but graphics are not one of them.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3970900 said:
Not a big Madden fan or anything, but I don't agree with this at all. That game looks absolutely gorgeous. Some of those team huddle shots could easily be mistaken for real game footage at passing glance.

Madden (and NCAA) have significant flaws, but graphics are not one of them.

With all due respect, if you think those graphics were even decent, you haven't played many games recently.:laugh2:

TheCowboy

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3970902 said:
With all due respect, if you think those graphics were even decent, you haven't played many games recently.:laugh2:
Are you being serious man? lol it might be my eyes but the game looks 100% better IMO.

Jerseys and helmets look the most realistic in any madden but there still is a lot more work to be considered a "Great" game.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3970902 said:

I seriously doubt you've played much of this game either seeing as it doesnt come out for another two and a half months.

Anybody who can't acknowledge those fantastic visuals is just a blind hater who does the gaming community an injustice because none of the real, legitimate criticisms can be taken seriously with comments like yours surrounding them.

Complain about the gameplay, or the franchise mode, or anything other than the graphics.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Last years Madden had the most insane running game of any madden. Especially All-Madden mode. The RB's for the computer would break 3-4 tackles every single play.

Although the computer AI could get dashed by passing game over and over again.

Reaction score
Well i would hope they are listening to their players and changed up some of the other modes , features and what not. Franchise mode is the main draw or was before i stopped playing. You can only play the computer or some guy online who just goes deep every play so much before it gets old.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I have comments, but I'd like for Steve to guarantee I won't be banned from OS for what is said here.

Yeah, I went there.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Primetime42;3970941 said:
I have comments, but I'd like for Steve to guarantee I won't be banned from OS for what is said here.

Yeah, I went there.

Haha I want to hear this, anyone on this forum that's actually good at madden want a challenge?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This one looks pretty good. Steve - do you know if Tony Romo's voice is back in the game? Or did they give him a generic voice again?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3970902 said:

Have you played a sports game recently?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I have 11. I enjoyed playing it, when I did, but I haven't played it much to be honest. Not because it wasn't good, cause it was, but because I'm more of an FPS MP guy and that is what I spend the majority of my time on.

This doesn't look much different, graphically, than 11 to me and that's to be expected. I imagine they've tweaked some of the off field stuff to make it a little different game but when it comes to Madden my rule has always been this.

There is absolutely no reason to get a new Madden any sooner than every 2-3 years. I got 11 so I don't need another till 2013.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
pupulehaole;3970979 said:
Haha I want to hear this, anyone on this forum that's actually good at madden want a challenge?

everlasting2009, level 13. I usually play a game or two over the weekend if i have time.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;3971118 said:
everlasting2009, level 13. I usually play a game or two over the weekend if i have time.

how do you level up in that game? seriously ive been a level 1 for ever

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
the kid 05;3971406 said:
how do you level up in that game? seriously ive been a level 1 for ever

Long winning streaks. 10+ wins in a row. Also, win against players with a higher rank then yourself.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;3971118 said:

Sweet I'll try to remember to add you, only problem with getting members from this forum to play madden is we both want to be the cowboys hahaha.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
pupulehaole;3972211 said:
Sweet I'll try to remember to add you, only problem with getting members from this forum to play madden is we both want to be the cowboys hahaha.

Haha, yea that’s true. Sometimes both can play different teams or take turns. I sometimes play with the Colts.