Madden NFL 13 Screenshots of Michael Irvin

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Last year's Madden was the first one I skipped buy. Ever.

I will skip this one too.

Pretty sure I won't buy another Madden until the Monopoly they have on the NFL brand is over. The games hardly changed from 2008-2011. Sure you can notice plenty of improvements, but it's not anything that couldn't be done on a PC game in a patch or 2. 60$ for what is essentially a graphics update and gameplay patch? No thanks. Not when there is no longer anything to compare it to.

Not that Madden is a bad game, it's just not worth it anymore.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4646478 said:
Last year's Madden was the first one I skipped buy. Ever.

I will skip this one too.

Pretty sure I won't buy another Madden until the Monopoly they have on the NFL brand is over. The games hardly changed from 2008-2011. Sure you can notice plenty of improvements, but it's not anything that couldn't be done on a PC game in a patch or 2. 60$ for what is essentially a graphics update and gameplay patch? No thanks. Not when there is no longer anything to compare it to.

Not that Madden is a bad game, it's just not worth it anymore.

Yep and when they stopped releasing it for the PC I was done with it completely.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
EA is terrible

not sure why people still buy this

John Madden is like 98 years old

time to change the title to a coach this generation can relate too

i say change it to

Garrett '14

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
SteveOS;4645527 said:
Just thought I'd share.

Uhhh Irvin always wore that giant mouthguard when he played. Why does he not have one in his mouth in ANY of these shots?

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
One thing that has always bothered me is that they work to get the player models looking so great and the facial animations are very limited. They have this blank gazing stare through multiple actions. It kills the whole thing.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
EA will continue to rest on their laurels due to their exclusive license with the NFL.

It's a damn shame that 2K is no longer allowed to throw some competition into the market.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4646015 said:
In those pictures the stripes are up around the shoulder not down around the bottom of the sleeve.

To make matters worse, it appears the Cowboys are the only team "in the game" with screwed up old school sleeve stripes.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/21056.jpg

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/20805.jpg

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/20820.jpg

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/20432.jpg

We can only hope the Irvin pics are from an older build. If not, and the game winds up shipping with the Boys jerseys this completely screwed up, I'm going to be seriously ticked.

Reaction score
Why doesn't 2K make NFL games? The NBA 2K games are awesome. They get even better every year. Everytime I play it looks like a real NBA game.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Madden isn’t perfect, far from it. But it’s the only game i play and buy every year. I can’t wait for the new one!

JonCJG

Reaction score
Haven't bought a copy of Madden in 4 years. Sticking with NCAA Football until the next gen consoles come out.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
My guess is they're waiting on Belichick to retire to make it Belichick NFL 2017 or whatever.

And the gameplay will be about as riveting as Belicheat's pressers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
tupperware;4645804 said:
Tune in next year so you can see all the features you liked from this year removed. Tune in 3 or 4 years later to see their reemergence.

Still the best football game on the market. ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
rocyaice;4647811 said:
Still the best football game on the market. ;)

If I pooped in a ziploc bag and sold it, it would be the best "poop in a bag" on the market... doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Eldorado

Reaction score
ESPN NFL 2k% (or something like that) still, to this day, was more fun and had twice the amount of "wow factor" as any new Madeen out there. Post-game interviews, the players looked like the players, the motion of the guys on the field didn't look like Adkins-diet-sumo-wrestling-robots, the jerseys looked like jerseys.. I think that's the biggest thing the EA graphics engine has to do for more realism... is it just me, or do all of the jerseys look like grandpa's tight-fitting sweater on christmas? They look 4" thick and glued to the player, just.. yuck.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Eldorado;4647912 said:
ESPN NFL 2k% (or something like that) still, to this day, was more fun and had twice the amount of "wow factor" as any new Madeen out there. Post-game interviews, the players looked like the players, the motion of the guys on the field didn't look like Adkins-diet-sumo-wrestling-robots, the jerseys looked like jerseys.. I think that's the biggest thing the EA graphics engine has to do for more realism... is it just me, or do all of the jerseys look like grandpa's tight-fitting sweater on christmas? They look 4" thick and glued to the player, just.. yuck.
I actually wasn't a fan of how the guys moved in 2K. Just seemed weird.

But it's hard not to wonder what it would be if it were still around today and not get angry. This will be the first time in 20 years I'll not have bought a copy of Madden. And that's sad.