Maddest I've ever been at our defense

ilykdrama

Reaction score
You're up against Rodgers. Got it. Tough QB. One of the greats.

But....You have a week to prepare for him without Jordy and a 4th string WR playing RB. You play so horribly that Dak has to completely stop the gameplan of giving the ball to Zeke to get you within a possession. It gets worse. After halftime you give up ANOTHER TD, now we're down by 15. Dead in the water. Nope.....Offense brings you to a tie game in the 4th quarter. Did EVERYTHING it was asked to do. You have to hold Rodgers for 30 seconds. 3rd and 20.....Man, you got it made. At least we get overtime. Rush 3 and just hold them. Nope. A TE makes one of the most athletic catches ever for a TE along the sideline and you're done at home. One and done. **** you, defense. **** Sean Lee, **** DLaw, **** T Crawford, **** Byron Jones, **** everyone and their motivational #finishthefights. **** "what we accomplished this year was great."

It'd be overreacting if our D didn't constantly put us in horrible positions in big games. They did it again, and I'm tired of it. The coaching staff and Jones should be too. This is bull****. Draft better and sign better FA's. I feel sorry for every fan that was there tonight to see our D get owned like a practice squad D. So pissed.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The offense actually set the tone for this bad game by only putting up 3 sorry points half way into the second quarter. Sure the defense wasn't good, but offense didn't do us any favors in the first half either. The offense did great mounting a come back.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Still for the life of me can't believe they gave up 35 yards on 3rd and 20. That's down right embarrassing

ilykdrama

Reaction score
The offense actually set the tone for this bad game by only putting up 3 sorry points half way into the second quarter. Sure the defense wasn't good, but offense didn't do us any favors in the first half either. The offense did great mounting a come back.

This makes TWO people that have said this. I'd give you this excuse if the offense didn't bring us within a possession going into halftime for rest. They made no adjustments and came out and got burned in the 2nd half first possession only to have the offense tie it for them.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Worst playoff defense in a single play I've ever seen.
Byron jones should be forced to watch that play over and over again throughout the off-season. Just doesn't make any sense. How do you let him catch it and get out of bounds. Sickening

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Cowboys defense has been breaking our hearts for over a decade.

Did it under Zimmer, Wade, Kiffen and now, Marinelli with players like Williams, Ware, Newman, Spears, Ratliff, Lee, Jones, etc.

Maybe, just maybe, one day they'll figure out how to stop opposing offenses once our offense gets the momentum.

We have been snake bitten on defense for quite a long time now.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Byron jones should be forced to watch that play over and over again throughout the off-season. Just doesn't make any sense. How do you let him catch it and get out of bounds. Sickening

Yeah. I hate that. He should be strapped to a chair Clockwork Orange style and forced to watch. He didn't even put a hand up. He was the last Cowboys player I listened to on a podcast talk about how they'd come out and "ball." This defense blows. Only pass rushers in the next draft. I want nothing else.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score

Oh, don't worry. He'll be seeing that play for the rest of eternity, as we all will.

Gonna be played as much as the Catch, Smiths drop, Kramer vs Pugh, Odell vs Carr, etc.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

But....You have a week to prepare for him without Jordy and a 4th string WR playing RB. You play so horribly that Dak has to completely stop the gameplan of giving the ball to Zeke to get you within a possession. It gets worse. After halftime you give up ANOTHER TD, now we're down by 15. Dead in the water. Nope.....Offense brings you to a tie game in the 4th quarter. Did EVERYTHING it was asked to do. You have to hold Rodgers for 30 seconds. 3rd and 20.....Man, you got it made. At least we get overtime. Rush 3 and just hold them. Nope. A TE makes one of the most athletic catches ever for a TE along the sideline and you're done at home. One and done. **** you, defense. **** Sean Lee, **** DLaw, **** T Crawford, **** Byron Jones, **** everyone and their motivational #finishthefights. **** "what we accomplished this year was great."

It'd be overreacting if our D didn't constantly put us in horrible positions in big games. They did it again, and I'm tired of it. The coaching staff and Jones should be too. This is bull****. Draft better and sign better FA's. I feel sorry for every fan that was there tonight to see our D get owned like a practice squad D. So pissed.

And where was the great and up and coming David Irving in this game? All I ever hears about after 9 games of nothing and 3 great games that he was the big answer at DE. And where is the David Irving crowd now?

Now doubt the same silent crowd will be telling us again come training camp that Gregory, Lawrence and Irving are the answer to our prayers.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
And where was the great and up and coming David Irving in this game? All I ever hears about after 9 games of nothing and 3 great games that he was the big answer at DE. And where is the David Irving crowd now?

Now doubt the same silent crowd will be telling us again come training camp that Gregory, Lawrence and Irving are the answer to our prayers.

They aren't. Not even close. Tapper isn't either.......Jaylon (HOW COULD HE?!) isn't either. We need a PROVEN defensive playmaker that isn't named Sean Lee and then I'll take my finger off the panic button.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They aren't. Not even close. Tapper isn't either.......Jaylon (HOW COULD HE?!) isn't either. We need a PROVEN defensive playmaker that isn't named Sean Lee and then I'll take my finger off the panic button.

Ill give Jaylon some time to prove he isnt. If he is 100% going into next season, that kid can play. But he doesnt rush the passer. He is a side line to side line tackler and coverage guy.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Ill give Jaylon some time to prove he isnt. If he is 100% going into next season, that kid can play. But he doesnt rush the passer. He is a side line to side line tackler and coverage guy.

I agree. He can do whichever one, he just needs to be a playmaker. I'm done with "guys with potential." All they do is barely get by and get their ***** kicked in in the playoffs.

Dodger12

Reaction score

The D needs help, no doubt about it. But we were able to tie because the D held it's own in the second half. Rodgers is going to be a first ballot HOF'er. The guy is just a magician. No way could we hope to completely contain him and the Pack were coming into the game hot, as was their QB. I'm more furious that we gave Rodgers two extra possessions that he had no business having; one to end the half and one to end the game. I don't think he hurt us at the end of the first half so the D held. But they should have NEVER been put in that situation, same as the end of the game.

The D is not completely blameless. But the Pack pretty much devastated the Giants' D who are arguably better than ours. They held their own enough to give the offense a chance to tie it. It's just too bad the team couldn't overcome their HC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree. He can do whichever one, he just needs to be a playmaker. I'm done with "guys with potential." All they do is barely get by and get their ***** kicked in in the playoffs.

You need total studs. And these types typically show their greatness relatively quickly. Dak and Zeke are perfect examples. You dont need to hope or wish or any kind of nonsense like that. And practice squad guys in the league for 4 years already arent those types to begin with. I would take him as a backup, but I'm not relying on that guy to be our stud DE going forward or even a starter.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The D needs help, no doubt about it. But we were able to tie because the D held it's own in the second half. Rodgers is going to be a first ballot HOF'er. The guy is just a magician. No way could we hope to completely contain him and the Pack were coming into the game hot, as was their QB. I'm more furious that we gave Rodgers two extra possessions that he had no business having; one to end the half and one to end the game. I don't think he hurt us at the end of the first half so the D held. But they should have NEVER been put in that situation, same as the end of the game.

The D is not completely blameless. But the Pack pretty much devastated the Giants' D who are arguably better than ours. They held their own enough to give the offense a chance to tie it. It's just too bad the team couldn't overcome their HC.

Oh you are getting no argument here. The spike bumble and then two pays plays was one of the biggest mistakes you could ever make as a game manager. And you cant even call it a rookie mistake. A head coach that worked his way up through college as a game manager would have known what to do there already.