Magical Season Still Possible

Flamma

Reaction score
Haven't checked what happens if the Cowboys lose out and the Eagles lose 3 except for the Dallas game...Dallas would still win the tie-breaker??

Dallas would win the division tie breaker.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Hey guys...it is still possible that we could wind up with a historic season - one that will never be forgotten? Here is the scenario:

1) Cowboys lose the remaining games EXCEPT for the Eagles game and finish 7-9

2) Eagles lose one other game in addition to the Cowboys and finish 7-9

3) Cowboys get into the playoffs off the division tie-breaker

4) Jason Garrett goes full Knute Rockne on his team inspiring them to 'win one for the Clapper' and they plow through their NFC competition

5) In the Super Bowl, Garrett applies the lessons learned in the earlier Foxboro meeting to totally confuse Brady and Belichick in route to a 35-3 victory

Has any losing team claimed the Super Bowl and wouldn't this be a lot better than coming in there with something like a 15-1 record where you're expected to win??
Now where is the double gold, triple platinum quadruple guarantee win guy?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Come on guys, what's the deal? No faith in Garrett?????
Click your heals together and wish you were home.......troll.

At least put forth the effort to disguise yourself, Dorothy.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team starts taking care of the football and getting some takeaways and it can beat teams in the playoffs. If it can get there.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Edit: I'm not even joking. I want to raid someone's liquor cabinet.

iu

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Toto belongs to Dorothy Gale, the heroine of the first and many subsequent books. In the first book, he never spoke, although other animals, native to Oz, did. In subsequent books, other animals gained the ability to speak upon reaching Oz or similar lands, but he remained speechless.

Fun fact: Toto was a Cairn Terrier appreared in 16 different movies, most famously of course The Wizard of Oz

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
4) Jason Garrett goes full Knute Rockne on his team inspiring them to 'win one for the Clapper' and they plow through their NFC competition

5) In the Super Bowl, Garrett applies the lessons learned in the earlier Foxboro meeting to totally confuse Brady and Belichick in route to a 35-3 victory

Did Jerry serve the grape or the cherry kool-aid?

I think we've got the players to make some noise. *Maybe* the coaches.

Dump Garrett. Put Richard as HC, therefore outranking Marinelli, therefore running the defense his way. Give the offense to Moore without that awful clapping noise in his ears.

We make some noise if both of them have more coaching in them than their current subordinate roles allow them to put into effect. Maybe they got it. Maybe they don't.

That's the only hope for getting better. Stick with the same coaching hierarchy, we'll keep getting what we've been getting.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Here it is in a nutshell. The Egals loss to the Fish makes things a little interesting. First off, it’s bought the Boys another game of cushion. Even if the Egals win their other three remaining games, the Boys can lose two of their next four as long as one of the games they win is against Philthy.

There’s also something else to consider in all this as well. The Egals just lost to the Fish. That’s really bad. Sure, the “any given Sunday” rule is always in effect and we know that all too well as our Boys lost to the Jets earlier in the season. But this is the third team the Egals have lost to this season that only has three wins on the year.

Suffice to say, the Egals are vulnerable to losing to anyone. Not only does that make us feel a little better about that Week 16 matchup, but there’s actually a scenario where the Boys don’t have to beat them to get in. And it’s a rather simple one.

The Egals last four remaining games are all against NFC East opponents. Outside of the game against Dallas, they have two against New York and one against Washington. If the Egals lose just one of their final four remaining games, the Boys path to the division title is pretty breezy.

In fact, it wouldn’t even require them to beat Philthy the next time they meet. The Boys could go 2-2 from this point on and still win the East as long as one of those wins come in the final two weeks of the season where they play at Philly and host Washington.

That would allow the Boys to finish in a tie with the Egals and still win the division because they would hold the division-record tiebreaker.

Again, nobody wants to make the playoffs that way, but the NFL is a fickle beast. We know this team has it in them to play better, and thanks to the awful play of the Egals this season, they’re going to have extra chances to prove it.

Thanks, Miami. And thanks to Philthy for being so terrible. ✭ :muttley:

ICP

Reaction score
This only happens in the Bizzaro World

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score

You were about to convince me until...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anyone who believes Garrett will perform magic on this team is truly "living the dream!"

I used to believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, 'til I turned six!

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Anyone who believes Garrett will perform magic on this team is truly "living the dream!"

I used to believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, 'til I turned six!
Garrett is a top 10 coach right now in the nfl. He CAN win. He just needs players who play 60 minutes!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Garrett is a top 10 coach right now in the nfl. He CAN win. He just needs players who play 60 minutes!!

Sorry, but I think the Cowboys need a coach who does something besides being their cheerleader….. Signed: .the Grinch :omg:

Last edited: