Mahomes first playoff game on the road

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is an incredible stat. I didn’t realize he’d never played on the road in playoffs.

His first 15 playoff games at home. This must be a NFL record in SB era. I’d never heard of such a run. It certainly has had to impact his success.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is an incredible stat. I didn’t realize he’d never played on the road in playoffs.

His first 15 playoff games at home. This must be a NFL record in SB era. I’d never heard of such a run. It certainly has had to impact his success.
Of course it impacted his success. Quarterbacks tend to look much better when they are home favorites in the playoffs. I'm sure if you went back and looked at Joe Montana and Tom Brady stats when they were playoff dogs, it doesn't look very good. But they rarely were.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Quarterbacks tend to look much better when they are home favorites in the playoffs.
dak-prescott-49ers-loss.jpg

1942willys

Reaction score
I am with you. Maybe this Taylor Swift thing is rubbing me the wrong way but I hope Bills crush the Chiefs and send them home.
Sad to say Mahoones is a little pissant since he is such a great player
but then Brady was one as well

DFWJC

Reaction score

I know we shouldn't assign wins and losses to QBs, but for reference......
Troy Aikman's (and Cowboys team with him) playoff road game record....
1 win
4 losses

5 TDs
8 ints

It's usually hard to win road playoff games

1942willys

Reaction score
1 win
4 losses

5 TDs
8 ints

Now and then due to weak division winners you get a much better wild card team playing on the road but most of the time if you are playing on the road you are playing a better team than you are and that is that

Diehardblues

Reaction score
1 win
4 losses

5 TDs
8 ints

Yea but he was 7-1 in playoffs from 92-95. Which included 1-1 on the road.

Top seeds don’t play many road playoff games. But the fact Mahomes hasn’t even played a road playoff game in 15 times was the surprise not his record in them,