Mail theft (felony) by Postal employees

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Right?

Funny thing is, he bragged to me that he hadn't paid for a movie in 2 years. 6 months later, he got caught. Got flagged by Blockbuster for excessive coupon usage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So these were just junk mail coupons, not coupons mailed in private envelopes, I assume?

Sammy

Reaction score
I have informed delivery. Not everything I receive is scanned, by a large margin. Things get lost in the mail all the time. With no verifiable means of tracking, it is pretty easy for a random letter to get lost.

I guess it works better here. I guess I wouldn't know if an envelope got lost before it got to my post office, but once it gets scanned here, it shows up, or they find it when I report it wasn't delivered.

I like the package system because it gets entered the minute the sender prints a label. It could still get stolen, but at least I'd know it's missing and alert USPS to look for it.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
They scan everything now. They know where each item disappears. So it would look really odd if one carrier or one sorter had multiple mail pieces start missing, so I assume that's why they'd steam and re-seal. It looks the same on the next scan as it did on the last, so they can't pinpoint one person as the last one to touch it.

Envelopes get torn open occasionally, so that's a good cover too. It got torn open and the contents spilled out.

If you haven't signed up for USPS Informed Delivery, you should. They show you scans of what mail should be delivered each day. I've caught several missing items including a financial statement. I waited two days and reported it wasn't delivered, and the next day it came.
This is some good information brother. My mother used to send cash through the mail and a couple of years ago it just didn't make it. I think the tweakers got it and not the mail carriers. She finally listened to me but I'm a POS so what do I know?

Sammy

Reaction score
Known a few. I seem to have associated with some scumbags including those guys, Going forward, I'm probably that guy. Stay away and very far away.

Unsolicited Word of Advice: Don't let anyone else dictate who you are. I know you're angry and sad right now, but never let the other person or the situation control your actions.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Guy I know got busted for stealing mail. He was the delivery guy. They just fired him, and that's the problem. Used to, everyone knew that the feds didn't mess around, and that you were looking at jail time for messing w/ the mail. Now, they let people off, so it's well known that nothing will happen.
Same thing happened to my mail carrier. Got caught stealing mail. The lame excuse I got from a buddy who works in the post office was, the delivery people in my area are contracted employees and not employees of the USPS, so they can only fire them from the contract. Said pushing federal crimes isn't worth the time/effort anymore. People are too lazy to do the right thing anymore, just push the problem to someone else.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
3f6d59603cf9690ed3fe5f8a8de6246e.jpg

catiii

Reaction score
Well, I guess that's why they tell you not to mail cash.
Those things didn't happen when we were growing up - it's a different world now - That's all I can say without violating rules.
Mail theft. That's low. You would think a postal worker would have the integrity to not do that, but I guess that's not always the case.
Not anymore!!! That would've been unheard of when I was a kid in the 60s and carriers walked their routes and they were hired for qualifications, character, and had background checks.
Twice me and my sister were treated like the scum of the earth by a counter employee at two different locations recently and the reason was bloody obvious - but I can't say it here - and we weren't the only ones. Totally disgusting and I'm sick of it. My credit card has enough for a flight to New Zealand but if I went, I swear I'd never ever come back here even if I had to disappear in the bush out in the wops.
Anyway this whole thing was a wonderful start to my family's Christmas :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my mail carrier. Got caught stealing mail. The lame excuse I got from a buddy who works in the post office was, the delivery people in my area are contracted employees and not employees of the USPS, so they can only fire them from the contract. Said pushing federal crimes isn't worth the time/effort anymore. People are too lazy to do the right thing anymore, just push the problem to someone else.

They're grossly underfunded and understaffed, as well as mismanaged. It's a mess from the top to bottom, but that's by design.

Them

Reaction score
...an envelope eh?.. Sounds like the weight of each envelope got their attention!...a small box might have made it through!...but yeah, it hard to trust them!