News: Mailbag: Bigger Need At RB Or WR? Draft Need That’s Not Must-Have?

CCBoy

Reaction score
What would benefit the offense more: drafting a wide receiver or a running back or both? If there was a running back and a wide receiver with similar value and you could make the pick for the Cowboys, would you go RB or WR?

Bryan: I feel better about the receiving position than I do at running back long term. McFadden and Morris are both veterans so they are nice bridges to the future development of a back down the road. If you hit the right guy there you could set your offense up for years to come, plus potentially help a young quarterback when that day comes to making a switch.

Rob: I still think there’s a place for a rookie running back to step in and compete for playing time on this roster, even with Darren McFadden coming off a really solid year and Alfred Morris here on a two-year deal. Lance Dunbar (knee) might not be ready to start the season, so the offense very well could use a change-of-pace type back with speed and versatility out of the backfield. I think a rookie receiver could step in and compete, too, but that position typically has a longer adjustment period for rookies and I do think Tony Romo and Dez Bryant returning healthy will make the rest of the current receivers better...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...need-rb-or-wr-draft-need-that’s-not-must-have