News: Mailbag: Expectations For Aldon Smith?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mailbag: Expectations For Aldon Smith?

ghbcrhphzvfla1iy2agh

So, at long last, Aldon Smith has been reinstated by the NFL. What are your expectations for what he can contribute?— Dan Batiste / Lafayette, LA

Rob: To be a productive part of the rotation at right end. He doesn't have to be a 19.5-sack guy like he was earlier in his career. If he can help piece together the production Robert Quinn gave them last year, they'll be in good shape. But a full training camp will be important for Smith after five years away from the game.

David: If Aldon Smith can play on a consistent basis, rush the passer and make an impact, that's all I'm asking for. He hasn't played in four years, so it'd be unfair to expect All-Pro production. But if he's ready to go, he could be a valuable member of the rotation — and that's exciting.

Read Full Story

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You watch those old highlight videos and it is hard not to be excited. Guy has elite skills. Great length. Great balance. Uses his length to create leverage on blockers. He just gets his hands on them and moves them. When he needs to he gets real shifty as well and blasts through seams. Always forward.

He has a chance to really help if he can knock the rust off.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see lots of God given ability. Sure, it will take a few games to shake off the rust, but I think the Cowboys will get great results from him sooner than many think.

Go Cowboys!

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just put some pressure on the QB.. That’s all we can realistically hope for.

He was a force at one point in this league but we all know how that went..

If he is anything close to that then we hit the NFL lottery again after losing Quinn who was also a fantastic lottery ticket that hit.

John813

Reaction score
I would be happy with above average 2 way play. Plays the run well/stays in his assigned gaps and can make the QB look over his shoulder for a split second.