Article: Major internet providers to slash cost of broadband service for low-income Americans

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did I read those articles wrong?

The cable companies aren’t slashing their prices (why would they voluntarily lose money), its simply subsidized cable via taxpayer money.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember growing up there were a few times we didn't have a telephone because we couldn't afford it. My mom would go next door to borrow our neighbor's phone promising the call wasn't long distance. Times have changed.

rags747

Reaction score
48m households or approx 40% of the people in this country would qualify for this? #’s see high to me.
Article would have been much better if they broke down how many were on welfare of the 40% figure.

Creeper

Reaction score
I remember growing up there were a few times we didn't have a telephone because we couldn't afford it. My mom would go next door to borrow our neighbor's phone promising the call wasn't long distance. Times have changed.

When the people of Rome were getting restless and unhappy, Augustus Caesar started a program to give the citizens of Rome free bread, wine and oil. Soon after, the people got bored because they no longer needed to work to eat. So Caesar put on circuses and other events featuring wild animals captured from all parts of the Roman empire to keep the people entertained. This was over 2000 years ago. Have times really change that much?

btw, tens of thousands of animals captured by the Romans for their circuses were slaughtered during these public events and people came by the many thousands to watch the creative ways the Romans would dispatch them.