Make all the backup QBs clear waivers?

Verdict

Reaction score
Bold move. Make all the backup QBs clear waivers by cutting ALL of them on the final cut to 53. Then maybe bring back Greer.

Jipper

Reaction score
Bold move. Make all the backup QBs clear waivers by cutting ALL of them on the final cut to 53. Then maybe bring back Greer.

why? You trying to send a message to them? If you are just going to bring one back what’s the point?

What exactly is bold about it? If one of them is good enough to be the backup at the most important position on the team then why play games? I just don’t get it dude

Hadenough

Reaction score
Maybe Dallas should make a deal with Denver for Josh Johnson. He looked better than Dallas backups.

blueblood70

Reaction score
first off we havent seen a single snap in live game from Grier, yet and Rush won an actual NFL game with a starting lineup vs a bunch of players who cant block, hold, penalty's, and dropping passes..this is again the whiny fans who know it all that want rush gone and once again maybe be disappointed that rush wins the job..

thing is none are good enough to help this team long term and win enough games would dak go down like 2020..so why need great backup , rush can win A Game maybe 2 but if its long term let the organic tank job begin no need to waste draft picks over salvaging a game or 2. not many teams are going far with their backup qb..thats the truth.

CWR

Reaction score
Seems more like a stupid move, than a bold one.

jaybird

Reaction score
thats actually a good idea, if needed for roster exemption or whatever its call. At least 2 of them would clear waivers

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if they all do clear waivers, that's the league confirming our back-up QBs suck. Jerry wouldn't risk the humiliation.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Yes. Because you want to risk having to have a backup who hasn't been in camp and doesn't know the offense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think I'd like to see Grier play ina game first

Pass2Run

Reaction score
first off we havent seen a single snap in live game from Grier, yet and Rush won an actual NFL game with a starting lineup vs a bunch of players who cant block, hold, penalty's, and dropping passes..this is again the whiny fans who know it all that want rush gone and once again maybe be disappointed that rush wins the job..

thing is none are good enough to help this team long term and win enough games would dak go down like 2020..so why need great backup , rush can win A Game maybe 2 but if its long term let the organic tank job begin no need to waste draft picks over salvaging a game or 2. not many teams are going far with their backup qb..thats the truth.

You're rewriting history, though. The reason Rush was able to win that game was because the offensive line was freaking stellar that game.

The irony here is rich.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Grier had a great college career. I'm surprised he didn't excell in the NFL like I thought he would.

Point well taken, although his career isn't over, just yet. I think he'll redeem himself, somewhat, at least, as Dak's backup. ;)

blueblood70

Reaction score
You're rewriting history, though. The reason Rush was able to win that game was because the offensive line was freaking stellar that game.

The irony here is rich.
actually NO , no the blind unfair judgement is rich....

so let me get this straight,

judge a backup player when they have bunch of spare parts around them but when given a real SHOT with the starting group, you give credit elsewhere. NOPE, wont fly..

Rush did what he was asked to do and was the winning qb on record in real game..everone keeps wanting him replaced by players with zero game experience. Grier the new fanboy for the offseason, although umm hes hurt now, and umm hut last season and um unavailable with zero real games under his belt.

however it was the defense that played great that game helped keep the score low and have the O a shot with backup qb.. dak and most starters would luv a solid OL and defense.