Make keeping Gurode a priority? Yes or No?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Do you think, as I do, that if Gurode goes to another team he becomes a good player that we regard as another one that got away?

Or do you think he's expendable and we can replace him via draft or FA easily and probably cheaper?

I like his ability to play multiple positions and I personally think the offense plays better when he's in, both at C and G. He needs to improve but I think he has each season and has yet to reach his peak.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Yup that way we don't have to sign or draft a Center.....and I hated to say that.

I wish we could just cut ties with him and get a new body in here that can handle the position but at the same time I still trust in Bill.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I will go with a maybe. If Bentley is signed, Gurode will definitely hit the bricks. If we don't get Bentley. Gurode will be signed as insurance.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
What could we trade Al Johnson for?

Seriously, a young, former 2nd round pick with a over a season of starting experience.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
What could we trade Al Johnson for?

Seriously, a young, former 2nd round pick with a full season of starting experience.

Maybe a third.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I will go with a maybe. If Bentley is signed, Gurode will definitely hit the bricks. If we don't get Bentley. Gurode will be signed as insurance.
I AGREE, OPTION 1 BENTLEY. OPTION 2 GURODE.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Maybe a third.
So trade Johnson for a 3rd.
Sign Bentley or Mawae as starting C.
Draft Charles Spencer or the like in the 2nd and make Gurode the backup RG and C.

I make this look easy.:D

neosapien23

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
So trade Johnson for a 3rd.
Sign Bentley or Mawae as starting C.
Draft Charles Spencer or the like in the 2nd and make Gurode the backup RG and C.

I make this look easy.:D

I don't think Parcells will trade Johnson.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I don't think it matters if he goes somewhere else and becomes a good player. All that matters is whether he can be a good player here or not.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I don't think Parcells will trade Johnson.
Well, really it's not so much a matter of would we trade him?
It's a matter of does anyone want him?

Trades like that usually have to be initiated by someone wanting what you have not the other way around. And I don't think any teams are frothing at the mouth over AJ.

But BP said himself that he doesn't think AJ can get any bigger or stronger and you know how BP is about size and strength... especially anchoring the O-Line.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Well, really it's not so much a matter of would we trade him?
It's a matter of does anyone want him?

Trades like that usually have to be initiated by someone wanting what you have not the other way around. And I don't think any teams are frothing at the mouth over AJ.

But BP said himself that he doesn't think AJ can get any bigger or stronger and you know how BP is about size and strength... especially anchoring the O-Line.

If the Cowboys sign Bentley and can resign Gurode, Al Johnson will be extremely expendable. A team will give up a third for Al Johsnon. He is a good center, but just doesn't fit Parcells mold of a power runnning lineman. He would do extremely well with a team like Atlanta, St. Louis, and Denver. Heck Houston would soil themselves over Al Johnson.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking.
AJ would fit lovely in a Zone Blocking scheme on offense ie Denver.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
Make keeping Gurode a priority? Yes or No?
A year ago we were ready to run him out of town.

Now he could be considered a priority? I think not.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
No, and here's why:

235-147-1004_02.jpg

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun said:
No, and here's why:

235-147-1004_02.jpg
Yea..

because no other G in the league would give up a sack to the second best pass rusher in 2005 while trying to protect the slowest QB in the league...

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Yea..

because no other G in the league would give up a sack to the second best pass rusher in 2005 while trying to protect the slowest QB in the league...

lmao...

I was just about to post pretty much the exact same thing

good call Qwickdraw

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Yea..

Um, that's DT Kendrick Clancy.