Make keeping Gurode a priority? Yes or No?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
bbgun said:
No, and here's why:

235-147-1004_02.jpg

I guess so... for one... the best pass-rushing defense in the nfl... for two Bledsoe is a statue he think he defense is brick walls that never gets pushed down... you could block for so long...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I feel like right about now Andre Gurode is a better option than Marco Rivera...
I agree.
And I like him at C better than AJ. Julius seemed to run better in both scenarios and there weren't any fumbled snaps with Gurode.

Gurode is no Pro Bowler so get my endorsement wrong...
but he is powerful and has only now reached a point where the experience should be elevating his game significantly.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I agree.
And I like him at C better than AJ. Julius seemed to run better in both scenarios and there weren't any fumbled snaps with Gurode.

Gurode is no Pro Bowler so get my endorsement wrong...
but he is powerful and has only now reached a point where the experience should be elevating his game significantly.

Exactly... I like him at right guard better than Marco Rivera... Julius Jones ran so much better behind Andre Gurode.... Marco Rivera is an overrated Offensive Guard.....I believe we should trade him off for a 4th Round Draft choice and sign Lacharlse Bently to play center and let Andre Gurode play Right Guard...

Only reason why Marco Rivera was good with Packers because he didn't have a statue of liberty as the Quarterback...

You see Brett Farve get the ball out faster than Bledsoe....why? because Brett Farve not looking for the big play all the time and Bledsoe does just that looks for the big play...

Eddie

Reaction score
I agree. I'd rather have Gurode than Rivera. Marco showed nothing last year. Slow and old.

Gurode still has an upside. He can be had for a competitive salary.

Hard to believe we gave Rivera a $10 mil signing bonus. What were we thinking???