Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lifting weights has absolutely nothing to do w/ the ability to throw, and in fact generally hinders throwing ability.

That's mostly correct but not entirely true. You can build up arm strength through the proper training.. What too much bulk in the arms hinders is accuracy and touch. It's why a guy like Dez can sling the ball 80 yards but could never play QB. His arm was strong as hell.. stronger than Romo's or Dak's on their best day. But he would never be able to harness that thing to the point of being able to play QB.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Rush didnt do jack to keep us in the game, it was his 3 picks that put us in the hole to begin with.

I'm sorry, but if you want to challenge for the starting job you cant throw 3 picks.................his audition is officially over, back to the bench.

Even with his first 2 INT's Dallas found themselves down 20-17 in the early 4th quarter so while Rush played poorly in the 1st half he played better to start the 2nd half to help Dallas get close. His 3rd pick came after Philly ran the Dallas defense into the ground on a 13 play (10 rushes) near 8:00 drive that resulted in a TD and a 26-17 lead.

So stop with the blame everything on Rush BS and place blame also on the defense and coaching staff for their stupidity.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree, I hope to see similar game plan when Dak returns, I want to see balance with the run and pass, not go into full air attack.

Dak's a pretty smart guy.. I think watching the team do what it did for these 5 weeks will serve him well. Especially the part where he has been able to watch the defense trying to bait the offense into audibling out of runs and Rush frequently refusing to fall for it. If he just fixes that he can take this offense to the next level. Linebackers pretending to be blitzing then bailing don't make a lot of tackles for loss.. Dak needs to figure out how to catch them doing that..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak's a pretty smart guy.. I think watching the team do what it did for these 5 weeks will serve him well. Especially the part where he has been able to watch the defense trying to bait the offense into audibling out of runs and Rush frequently refusing to fall for it. If he just fixes that he can take this offense to the next level. Linebackers pretending to be blitzing then bailing don't make a lot of tackles for loss.. Dak needs to figure out how to catch them doing that..

I would agree but I also think defense will look to adjust in how they attack Dak vs Rush.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly...this is what I alluded to in my above post. Stay calm, trust the team, take advantage a few times to run. Play smart w/o turnovers and we got this.