Make no mistake - Zimmer's in the bullpen

XXLMike

Reaction score
Jerry’s stroke of genius here ( in his mind ) is we got 1-3, 2-4 - MM’s OUT and Zimm’s in …

He’s also got a feel now for Rex Ryan - Ron Rivera and Durde as well as the Jets DB coach.

He can make multiple moves quickly.

No way McCarthy feels good right now with a fire breathing Mike Zimmer up his ***.

And that’s a good thing .

The question now - can Mike Zimmer coach Micah Parsons ; don’t assume yes .

DuncanIso

Reaction score
My quess is that Mike McCarthy was the leading voice in wanting Mike Zimmer as the defensive coordinator..

And MIke Zimmer will let Parsons know in no uncertain terms what is expected of him and every other player on defense in colorful language
I don’t think Big Mike gets a say.

Example: The Lance trade. Big Mike didn’t even know about it.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry’s stroke of genius here ( in his mind ) is we got 1-3, 2-4 - MM’s OUT and Zimm’s in …

He’s also got a feel now for Rex Ryan - Ron Rivera and Durde as well as the Jets DB coach.

He can make multiple moves quickly.

No way McCarthy feels good right now with a fire breathing Mike Zimmer up his ***.

And that’s a good thing .

Zim is not supposed to be backstabbing MM and he doesn't seem the type (snake Garrett) to do so. But if MM falters then Zim may move up but only because of MM failures.

I think Zim was the best hire given on who interviewed. I think Zim can light a fire under Parson's butt. Motivate him and not coddle him and give him some tough love. Micah just might take that next step.

conner01

Reaction score
My quess is that Mike McCarthy was the leading voice in wanting Mike Zimmer as the defensive coordinator..

And MIke Zimmer will let Parsons know in no uncertain terms what is expected of him and every other player on defense in colorful language
That would not surprise me. Zimmer is kinda the defensive version of Mike. Basics first which is stop the run.and create pass rush without selling out the secondary. Zimmer uses lots of fake blitzes to make the oline have to think more and makes double teams harder. He wouldn’t have been my first choice but considering the options it could have been worse

Kwyn

Reaction score
I don’t think Big Mike gets a say.

Example: The Lance trade. Big Mike didn’t even know about it.
Several reports indicated that McCarthy was involved in the interviews and planning.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Another discussion that assumes Fat Mike is under any pressure whatsoever. That he actually doesn't know that he's gone after this season no matter what. Even if by a true miracle we win a Super Bowl, bet that dude is riding off into the sunset back to the barn. And he knows Jerry isn't supplying this team with enough pieces to win a Super Bowl, especially while keeping pieces that actively PREVENT you from reaching a Super Bowl. Mike is "we weren't ready to play "dumb, but he can't be that dumb.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Maybe I am being naive but I don't think they would shoe-in Zimmer if they looked again for a new HC. I think they still consider others and think of someone like Kellen Moore, Jason Witten, maybe even an assistant coach on the team already.

Aven8

Reaction score
If everyone is healthy Mike will be fine. He’s an excellent HC.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure big Mike can feel the heat through his outer layers.

This signing was just a safe bet for Jerry. Not great just fine. Not really what you want after the way the season ended.

visionary

Reaction score
Im no fan of Zimmer but he seems like a standup guy. He may be the HC in waiting but hes not a sniveling back stabber like Garrett so i think he will do everything in his power to help this franchise win and MM succeed

It may not work but he sure as heck will give it his best shot so though he is not who i wanted, he will have my support

Kwyn

Reaction score
Reports also said MM was gonna fired for Jason Witten.
Gotta also keep in mind that McCarthy went up against Zimmers teams many times when they were the only competition for the Packers in the NFC North.

It’s likely that few people outside of Minnesota have a better understanding of what Zimmer defenses do than him. It’s certainly more recent and relevant than what even the Cowboys have on him from their previous experience.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
JJ was fooling all of us with these fake interviews with other coaches

jwitten82

Reaction score

Lol you must not know how his FO works

shabazz

Reaction score
And the answer to this is a resounding , yes......provided Zim utilizes NBA style loaf management and plays Micah every other week

And yes, I meant to spell it as Loaf management.....I mean, let's call a spade a spade.