Make no mistake...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Washington is a must win.

Right after our Bye week, I felt as if we needed to win 2 of 3 in the 11 game stretch. I felt like if we could be 7-4 coming out of that stretch, we could be in good position. I also felt like we needed to win 3 of our last 5 games to be in the playoffs. I thought we needed to beat KC and the Rams outright. I thought we would probably lose against Carolina and I felt like we would probably split with Washington and NY. I thought we had to beat NY to win the division and secure a spot. I thought a win over Washington and a lose to NY would get us a wild card.

Right now, here are the teams in contention and who they play.

Seattle 11-2 (Locked)
@Tennessee
Indy.
@GB

Gents 9-4
KC
@Washington
@Oakland

Bears 9-4
Atlanta
@GB
@Minn.

Tampa 9-4
@NE
Atlanta
Carolina

Minn 8-5
Jets
@Baltimore
Chicago

Atlanta 8-5
@Chicago
@GB
Carolina

Washington 7-6
Dallas
Gents
@Philly

We can not afford to lose the Washington game. In fact, I'm not even certain that 10-6 will get us in anymore. We may have to win out to assure ourselves.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I don't see 11-5 happening. The Cowboys need to get to 10-6 and let the chips fall where they may in regards to the playoffs. To get to 10-6, the Cowboys need to split the next two games and take care of business against the Rams. I don't think Washington is a must win, simply because I think the Panthers game is winnable due to the fact that they are one of the most overrated teams in the NFL.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I don't see 11-5 happening. The Cowboys need to get to 10-6 and let the chips fall where they may in regards to the playoffs. To get to 10-6, the Cowboys need to split the next two games and take care of business against the Rams. I don't think Washington is a must win, simply because I think the Panthers game is winnable due to the fact that they are one of the most overrated teams in the NFL.

Washington is a must win simply because they are completely in control of there own destiny. They have us, Gmen and Philly left. I see them beating Philly. Now, if they can beat us then that gives them a Giants team that is even more suspect, IMO, then Carolina when playing on the road. I can see them winning out. That would give them a 10-6 mark with a head to head over us.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Washington is a must win simply because they are completely in control of there own destiny. They have us, Gmen and Philly left. I see them beating Philly. Now, if they can beat us then that gives them a Giants team that is even more suspect, IMO, then Carolina when playing on the road. I can see them winning out. That would give them a 10-6 mark with a head to head over us.

I agree. A loss against Wash puts Dallas in a situation that we would have to depend on others to lose. As long as we win we control our own fate.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
You can add Carolina into the mix here at 9-4.
The Vikings have the Steelers
Ravens
Bears to close it out.

Tampa finishes with
New Englend
Atlanta
New Orleans

But we are in a dog fight to stay alive for a wild card slot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Early Glance at the weather forcast looks good for Sunday
Sunday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 40s.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s