Malachi Corley, WR Western Kentucky

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Strong Senior Bowl week has pushed him into Day 2 territory. Very interesting prospect. Very athletic, bowling ball type WR (5-10 210-215). Deep speed is probably not going to be top tier, and needs to grow his route tree.

He is a very interesting guy to me if he is lasting until our 3rd. I kind of feel the same way about him there I feel like Johnny Wilson. Like Wilson, I dont think he has real #1 WR potential, but the body the body and skill set are there to be a devastating complentary receiver.

ccb04

Reaction score
I like the self-proclaimed 'yac king'.
Jeremiah had him at #50 in his recent top 50 rankings.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Interesting prospect…I’m just a little gun shy on the small school WR prospects.

It’s another strong WR class so I’d much rather take someone that has + tape in a bigger conference against better competition.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interesting prospect…I’m just a little gun shy on the small school WR prospects.

It’s another strong WR class so I’d much rather take someone that has + tape in a bigger conference against better competition.
Where I like him is the late 3rd. I dont think Id go higher and a strong class could push down. A good SB week alleviates some concerns for me as far as level of competion

cnuball21

Reaction score
Where I like him is the late 3rd. I dont think Id go higher and a strong class could push down. A good SB week alleviates some concerns for me as far as level of competion
We’ll see how tests…he’d need to be an elite athlete for me to consider him in the 3rd.

Gambit

Reaction score
Strong Senior Bowl week has pushed him into Day 2 territory. Very interesting prospect. Very athletic, bowling ball type WR (5-10 210-215). Deep speed is probably not going to be top tier, and needs to grow his route tree.

He is a very interesting guy to me if he is lasting until our 3rd. I kind of feel the same way about him there I feel like Johnny Wilson. Like Wilson, I dont think he has real #1 WR potential, but the body the body and skill set are there to be a devastating complentary receiver.
Has been given comp to Deebo.

Pair that skill set with CD and I think you've got a dangerous duo.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
He’s definitely worth taking in round 3. Not your typical WR prospect. But hard to ignore his ability with the ball in his hands. The Deebo comparisons are obvious. Are we creative enough to create a role for this kind of player ?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s definitely worth taking in round 3. Not your typical WR prospect. But hard to ignore his ability with the ball in his hands. The Deebo comparisons are obvious. Are we creative enough to create a role for this kind of player ?
I think he is more traditional than Deebo, but he probably isnt going to be quite as dynamic. I think he is a guy that as a #2 WR can do alot of damage after to catch if he gets signal coverage

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Corley would fit our scheme with the short passing game. And give him at least a year under the wing of Cooks he can expand on his skills. If he is still on the board in the 3rd I think it would be a wise pick.