Malcolm Brown Cut by Jags

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
A team c
And the jags have more depth? Come on man, you said it right “end his career” he’s donzo

A team can have more depth at one spot and still stink overall. And if he has been relegated to backup duty maybe he has been disruptive so he can get out to somewhere and play.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He's too old. McCarthy, Stephen and Quinn are going with younger/cheaper guys.

28 is too old? Don’t let Watkins know

He was a brick wall vs the run with the Saints in 2019. Starting DT in the 2018 season Super Bowl.

He is either too fat or has injury issues.

He had 2 nagging injuries that made him only a limited participant in OTAs and Training camp. The Jags have 3-4 guys who were going to rotate with him, and they believe this will give the younger dudes more playing time even though they’re now super thin at the 1-tech.

But Jacksonville team reporters think he’ll be picked up right away because he was still very effective last year at only 27

kskboys

Reaction score
Brown is a good solid player. I'm thinking the Jags overpaid him.

Jags signed Fatukasi in FA to play NT and have another NT on the roster in Davon Hamilton. Numbers game.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He was running with backups at the Jags this preseason and save the Jags $3M on the cut.

However, I remember he totally dominated the Cowboys OL when he was with the Saints a couple of years ago.
Yet Dallas won!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For his career, Brown has tallied 247 tackles (130 solos), 23 tackles for a loss, 23 quarterback hits, and 11.5 sacks. According to Pro Football Focus, Brown ranked No. 6 in the NFL in run-stop-percentage at 11.5% among defensive linemen who played at least 100 run-stop snaps last season.

He was running with backups at the Jags this preseason and save the Jags $3M on the cut.

However, I remember he totally dominated the Cowboys OL when he was with the Saints a couple of years ago.

I think he's worth a look. His measurables are good, and his stats are pretty solid too. We could use the help at NT.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
28 is too old? Don’t let Watkins know

He had 2 nagging injuries that made him only a limited participant in OTAs and Training camp. The Jags have 3-4 guys who were going to rotate with him, and they believe this will give the younger dudes more playing time even though they’re now super thin at the 1-tech.

But Jacksonville team reporters think he’ll be picked up right away because he was still very effective last year at only 27
I honestly thought he was older. It doesn't matter. Big Bohanna has been performing very well, plus the Cowboys expect much from rookie DT John Ridgeway. For this reason alone, there is no need to bring in Malcolm Brown, so get over it already.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Just as I said in my post yesterday (he's a player that was cur or is a free again but in this case cut) like all others, he has ties to the Cowboys in some sort of fashion... Lets get him Jerry....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as nice as that sounds i believe we have enough DL depth when we are in need of OL swing Guards and tackles are #1 priority IF the FO decides then a vet WR..we are pretty set and defense for now i like what BO, ridgeway, and others brings for depth behind OSI and Gallimore.

we should spend on those actual needs first. there will be more cut downs lie this that can open u; a Vet WER and OL for us..

Brad Sham said yesterday, and yes, I will take his word over those that will knock this down.
That come final cut down time. Dallas has some depth at DT and DE even, that a possible trade to a team that has some depth on the OL could happen. If that team needs DL help.

quickccc

Reaction score
Surprise cut...

maybe there was more 'ongoing' behind the scenes than what has been let out ?
i expect he may be picked by an eventual playoff contender.

He was a vet FA at one point and we still did not seek to sign him up, despite our forever questionable run defense.

it's moot now as right at this moment, we seem to be banking very heavily on the development and improvement of Gallimore, Osa, Hill and Bohanna.

conner01

Reaction score
maybe there was more 'ongoing' behind the scenes than what has been let out ?
i expect he may be picked by an eventual playoff contender.

He was a vet FA at one point and we still did not seek to sign him up, despite our forever questionable run defense.

it's moot now as right at this moment, we seem to be banking very heavily on the development and improvement of Gallimore, Osa, Hill and Bohanna.
Teams prefer young players. Cheaper and more upside
The jags aren’t dreaming of a SB right now so it’s actually smart to try to develop young players in the hope they are in a position to compete in a few years
Brown or any other player his age isn’t gonna be there when, or if they get to the point they’ve built a competitive team

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If he got cut by the Jags he definitely can't make the cut with us....

Blackrain

Reaction score
28 is not that old could have a couple good years left and how would it hurt to bring him in and try him out might surprise us

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Brown is a good solid player. I'm thinking the Jags overpaid him.

Jags signed Fatukasi in FA to play NT and have another NT on the roster in Davon Hamilton. Numbers game.
:hammer:......

After watching Hill last week...I don't see how he could be worse.