Malik Davis?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Now that Rico Dowdle has been signed, does that hint that Malik Davis will be cut? I like what I saw from him last season. I'm hoping that he'll surprise this season with his opportunity.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Now that Rico Dowdle has been signed, does that hint that Malik Davis will be cut? I like what I saw from him last season. I'm hoping that he'll surprise this season with his opportunity.
I have mentioned Davis, and thought that he showed more than Dowdle.
Both are pretty slow RBs at 4.66 (Davis) and 4.54 (Dowdle).
Its clear Stephen likes Dowdle more for the 1/10 of a second time.

rambo2

Reaction score
It hints that they will have 5 backs in camp. One is likely to get hurt just like last year. A good chance that they draft a back. The draft is loaded. Davis will be in the mix to make the team again.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They started camp last year with 6 RBs on the roster.

6 for 2023
1 Pollard
2 Davis
3 Dowdle
4 Draft Pick

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given Dowdle's injury history, Davis is safe. Plus he looks better than what Dowdle had shown when he was healthy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
doubt that but they lost brown and one other player both of which were stud ST players so they wanted to bring one back that known to be great STer

I also lie Davis hope he shines this year behind Pollard..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
doubt that but they lost brown and one other player both of which were stud ST players so they wanted to bring one back that known to be great STer

I also lie Davis hope he shines this year behind Pollard..
Wonder how long it will be before fans turn on Pollard and scream for Davis. :lmao:

Pollard fumbles or fails to make a 1st down or a TD from the run. Fans will say...Zeke would have got that, or dang it, put in Davis. Or should have drafted a RB higher in the draft.

You know it is coming.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Wonder how long it will be before fans turn on Pollard and scream for Davis. :lmao:

Pollard fumbles or fails to make a 1st down or a TD from the run. Fans will say...Zeke would have got that, or dang it, put in Davis. Or should have drafted a RB higher in the draft.

You know it is coming.
Probably will hear those screams during the pre-season.

I'm thinking Dallas will pick up Deuce Vaughn in the late rounds.

blueblood70

Reaction score

You know it is coming.
we both know pollard will still have the same role he will need to be part of a RBBC he is limited in goal line , short yardage and blocking..soem fans were not paying attention last year last 4 RS game pollard was 3.8 YPC 52 YPG and NO TDS , no tds in the playoffs and hurt twice in what 5 weeks?

.so last 6 games pollard tailed off, some was the line but was this sign the more they used him the less explosive he became. somewhere in between but Pollards bets used under 15 carries and 4-5 pass targets, plenty of room for Malik and that draft pick.. i doubt the DC overload him..,its obvious we didtn see an explosive play in very long time from him.

conner01

Reaction score
It hints that they will have 5 backs in camp. One is likely to get hurt just like last year. A good chance that they draft a back. The draft is loaded. Davis will be in the mix to make the team again.
Right now I’d say pollard, Davis and a rookie are the backs with maybe another who can help on ST

Loso86

Reaction score
Depth guys we need depth

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
I have mentioned Davis, and thought that he showed more than Dowdle.
Both are pretty slow RBs at 4.66 (Davis) and 4.54 (Dowdle).
Its clear Stephen likes Dowdle more for the 1/10 of a second time.
both play faster that what their 40 says lol

MikeT22

Reaction score

You know it is coming.
Pre-emptive whining about fans. I knew that was coming.