Malik Davis?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that Rico Dowdle has been signed, does that hint that Malik Davis will be cut? I like what I saw from him last season. I'm hoping that he'll surprise this season with his opportunity.
I don't think it means that at all.

We have to remember there are 90 training camp roster spots to fill, so every signing isn't going to provide some insight into the inner thoughts and inner workings of the team and management.

Dowdle may well only be insurance in case someone gets hurt, and/or a practice squad candidate.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Emmitt also ran a pedestrian 40. It isn't just about speed. And he had plenty of long runs where he didn't get caught.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Davis played well last season and has a big lead in the RB3 competition and is in the discussion for RB2. A draft pick RB is all but guaranteed a spot So, Rico n Malik will be battling again for the same spot probably. RoJo doesn't play STs and isn't getting status over a premium draft pick, seem like the approach is stack the RB room and have Battle Royale for spots.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Wonder how long it will be before fans turn on Pollard and scream for Davis. :lmao:

Pollard fumbles or fails to make a 1st down or a TD from the run. Fans will say...Zeke would have got that, or dang it, put in Davis. Or should have drafted a RB higher in the draft.

You know it is coming.
I predict it happens by mid season

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I predict it happens by mid season
You are an optimist, sir. It'll happen in camp if not in OTAs when he's not fully back from his injury yet and they are taking it slowly with him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Davis is a wildcard here. We just dunno until he gets many more reps. He was barely used at Florida and has a great skillset. We saw this some last year. Btw...I notice ZEKE is still unsigned by a team. I wonder if he's thinking about retirement? I think Malik was a sponge in the rb room learning from Zeke and 20. I think we shall see if that will ay dividends.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They started camp last year with 6 RBs on the roster.

6 for 2023
1 Pollard
2 Davis
3 Dowdle
4 Draft Pick
And two UDFA’s to be named later.

I think it just hints to an open competition for the backup RB spot(s) which is good, of course.

Rayman70

Reaction score
remember I said this. Malik Davis will play like a man with a chip on his shoulder. I think he will shine and Cowboys nation will be stunned. I think we still draft a guy but I feel he will have a great Camp and get many touches.The kid runs hard and hits the hole fast. Very decisive and has burst. Cant sleep on him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like Davis more than Rico but Rico plays ST which could end up making the difference
they will both make the team early. one may get shuffled back and forth to the PS depending on who we draft and how well Jones fits in.. rico is injury prone, Malik doesnt look it and with TP coming off injury , id say its availability that will break any ties.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Davis more than Rico but Rico plays ST which could end up making the difference
Malik Davis also plays special teams. According to Football Refernce.com he played 52% of the special teams stats in the games he was active

Big_D

Reaction score
Now that Rico Dowdle has been signed, does that hint that Malik Davis will be cut? I like what I saw from him last season. I'm hoping that he'll surprise this season with his opportunity.
I’m looking forward to the RB competition. Should be interesting. Davis will be in camp, we’ll see what he does with that.

offlimits

Reaction score
I also like Davis. I think that he can be a quality #2. It might be Pollard, Davis, DP, and Johnson.