Man sues over exploding toilet in West Virginia

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Associated Press

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — A man who says he was severely burned when a portable toilet exploded after he sat down and lit a cigarette is suing a general contractor and a coal company, accusing them of negligence.

John Jenkins, 53, and his wife, Ramona Jenkins, 35, of Brave, Pa., filed the suite Tuesday in county circuit court seeking $10 million in damages from Chisler Inc. and Eastern Associated Coal Corp.

The lawsuit claims Jenkins' face, neck, arms, torso and legs were severely burned last July after the cigarette ignited methane gas leaking from a pipe underneath the toilet unit.

"When I struck the lighter, the whole thing just detonated — the whole top blew off," said Jenkins, a methane power plant operator with North West Fuels Development Inc. "I can't tell you if it blew me out the door or if I jumped out."

Eastern Associated owns the Blacksville property where the explosion occurred. Jenkins alleges that heavy equipment from Chisler Inc. ran over the pipelines before the explosion, causing the methane gas leak.

A call to the Charleston office of Peabody Energy, the parent company of Eastern Associated Coal, was not returned.

A man who answered the phone at Chisler's office in Fairview said the company would have no comment.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3209721

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes you just have to shake your head lol

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
.. and a few years from now ..

Idiot says, "That's right, your honor. I was at a gas station putting gas in my car while smoking a cigarette. Apparently I was standing in spilled gasoline and when I dropped my cigarette, I was engulfed by fire. As such, I am suing the gas station and the gas refinery where the gas was created for 150 million dollars to cover the cost of my medical expenses and the emotional scarring caused by the incident."

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality said:
.. and a few years from now ..

Idiot says, "That's right, your honor. I was at a gas station putting gas in my car while smoking a cigarette. Apparently I was standing in spilled gasoline and when I dropped my cigarette, I was engulfed by fire. As such, I am suing the gas station and the gas refinery where the gas was created for 150 million dollars to cover the cost of my medical expenses and the emotional scarring caused by the incident."

And the judge says.

"Mister you are just full of ****"

To which the man replies...

"No your honor, not after my last exp with cigarettes and gas explosions"

Then to the cheer of all in the courthouse...the judge hits a secret button on his desk and the floor opens up. The guy falls into a pit of swimming sharks with laser beams mounted on their heads and the man is never seen again.

:p:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sounds like a jackass skit :D

Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville
Welcome to Jackass
This is the exploding outhouse

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Sounds like a jackass skit :D

Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville
Welcome to Jackass
This is the exploding outhouse

That is so true....it just sounds to crazy to be true unless someone planned it.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hey at least the guy does not have to worry about having a hairy arse I am sure it was singed off

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
The last time I "sat down" in a port-o-potty, I was at a 4 day music festival in up state NY.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
The last time I "sat down" in a port-o-potty, I was at a 4 day music festival in up state NY.

Last time I used one was in the army.

If you have ever ate MRE's for around a month.....by the time you are ready to go, you don't care where it is lol.

Gives new meaning to the phrase heavy ****. :eek: :p:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
Hmmm...last time I used one was at Beach party about 10 yrs ago and I was nice and drunk.

I was afraid to sit on the toilet. So imagine trying to "squat" over the toilet while drunk. I still remember trying not to lean the wrong way. It was not a pleasant experience.

I think that's the closest I've ever truly been to extreme public intoxication.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woody'sGirl said:
Hmmm...last time I used one was at Beach party about 10 yrs ago and I was nice and drunk.

I was afraid to sit on the toilet. So imagine trying to "squat" over the toilet while drunk. I still remember trying not to lean the wrong way. It was not a pleasant experience.

I think that's the closest I've ever truly been to extreme public intoxication.

So did you lean forward too far while squatting, hit your head on the door trying to balance yourself, only to realize you never latched the door.

And then fell face first out of the porta potty, and face first into the sand, while having your backside sticking up for all to see, while you mumbled some incoherent drunk babble about how you feel like the proverbial ostrich?

If so I think I saw you that summer :eek: ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
So did you lean forward too far while squatting, hit your head on the door trying to balance yourself, only to realize you never latched the door.

And then fell face first out of the porta potty, and face first into the sand, while having your backside sticking up for all to see, while you mumbled some incoherent drunk babble about how you feel like the proverbial ostrich?

If so I think I saw you that summer :eek: ;)
uhhh...no :cool: But that is pretty funny...:p:

I think I was actually leaning kinda sideways w/my head holding me up.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Last time I used one was in the army.

If you have ever ate MRE's for around a month.....by the time you are ready to go, you don't care where it is lol.

Gives new meaning to the phrase heavy ****. :eek: :p:

Oh so true Brain and then when you go back to real food your body is all screwed up.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kangaroo said:
Oh so true Brain and then when you go back to real food your body is all screwed up.

Yes that sucked.

There was a line of porta johns and we finally got a decent hot meal brought in after a few weeks of the MREs and MKT food.

You could hear others in the other johns straining and grunting and then loud THUMPS lol.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Yes that sucked.

There was a line of porta johns and we finally got a decent hot meal brought in after a few weeks of the MREs and MKT food.

You could hear others in the other johns straining and grunting and then loud THUMPS lol.
T M I :eek:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AHHH yes good ole meal reject from ethiopia (sp?). I still cringe when I hear the words chicken ala king :puke:

Just as I was getting out they started putting stuff like real candy bars and tiny tabasco bottles in the packages :(