Management saying different things

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You got Jerry saying we're going all in

You have Stephen going against Jerry as usual

You have will McClay giving out what we're looking for in the draft

None of this maybe amount to a hill of beans, but I think they would be better if they moved in silence, what a great organization this would be if we could put a gag order on all of these guys. Please give your thoughts, are you fine, or do you not like management speaking to the media in the manner they do.

IT"S fine to talk to the media I must say again, some times for Jerry and Stephen, it's like a race in who can contradict each other!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about anything Stephen/Jerry say as 90% of what comes out of their mouths is bs and half truths to either create media frenzy or get the the pressure off their backs. The week of the Green Bay game the entire world thought big Mikes job was on the line. We had the ultimate playoff let down just a few days later and guess who's still coming back. Every year they are interested in improving the team yet every year it's a few minor tweaks and running it back. Last year with Gilmore/Cooks was the most exciting offseason this team has had in a while.

I'll judge these guys off what moves they actually make this year. I could care less what meaningless quotes they make to the media.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

None of this maybe amount to a hill of beans, but I think they would be better if they moved in silence, what a great organization this would be if we could put a gag order on all of these guys. Please give your thoughts, are you fine, or do you not like management speaking to the media in the manner they do.

IT"S fine to talk to the media I must say again, some times for Jerry and Stephen, it's like a race in who can contradict each other!
jerry was doing damage control after a disappointing loss. then he spins, backtracks, etc.

its called business as usual.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The will mcclay stuff means absolutely zero. Almost every team puts out points of emphasis in the draft, most of which can be deduced by all the other teams just by scouting and knowing team weaknesses. Most other teams also have lists of formal meetings and stuff as well. It’s a big zero.

As for Jerry and Stephen…less is more but also never take what they say seriously for the most part and you’ll be better off

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s because Jerry clearly did not mean “all in” the way people generally perceive it.

He wasn’t trying to sell. He wasn’t trying to fool anyone. He simply meant that they will create the cap space necessary with restructures etc for this year, which pushes more dead money to later.

Fans in general brush off restructures like they are no big deal, but what needs to happen is the owner needs to come up with the entire 2024 salary for these guys in cash immediately. In this case it’s Jerry’s wallet. Thats “all in” for him.

The kid will never let him go wild in FA. He thinks they can build an entire roster through the draft alone. Meanwhile they average one starter per draft during the period which was supposed to be when they were so great at drafting.

I just don’t see how no one in the building can see this as problematic.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The damage control Jerry did was to calm the fans. You can bet your last dollar they were happy with how this year played out. How could they not? They made sooooo much money and are worth 14 billion dollars. They’re not interested in messing it up. They’re just working the fans with lip service.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't worry about anything Stephen/Jerry say as 90% of what comes out of their mouths is bs and half truths to either create media frenzy or get the the pressure off their backs. The week of the Green Bay game the entire world thought big Mikes job was on the line. We had the ultimate playoff let down just a few days later and guess who's still coming back. Every year they are interested in improving the team yet every year it's a few minor tweaks and running it back. Last year with Gilmore/Cooks was the most exciting offseason this team has had in a while.

I'll judge these guys off what moves they actually make this year. I could care less what meaningless quotes they make to the media.
lol good point

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People are reading far far far far too much into him saying that.

They think he is talking about outside FA's, which he wasn't. Just our own FA's.
How are you going all in for someone who's already here? We want to see some guys added, hell it could be from the draft, the 2023 draft let's just say raised some eyes

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If they said nothing, then what would we discuss?