Management saying different things

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has zero power and say.
can't even disagree with this, he does all the work, and they take what he says if they want to
BS, they go by what he says and suggestions more than any fans knows. Well, one is a fan (I think), the other is a Texans fan now that hangs around on here. :laugh:

If Will did not have any say so, he wouldn't turn down offers to go elsewhere.
So it falls back to some just wanting to "dislike" on Jerry and Stephen.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones speaks in general terms. He is rarely questioned, which emboldens him to rattle off more generic stuff the next time a microphone is stuck in his face.

Stephen Jones repeats what he hears his father, coaches, etc., say--as he may understand any of it.

Will McClay voices relevant information that does not clash with anything Jerry Jones says.

^ Examples of an inefficient front office.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
BS, they go by what he says and suggestions more than any fans knows. Well, one is a fan (I think), the other is a Texans fan now that hangs around on here. :laugh:

If Will did not have any say so, he wouldn't turn down offers to go elsewhere.
So it falls back to some just wanting to "dislike" on Jerry and Stephen.
“More than any fan knows” he says as if he has some kind of special connection with insider information lololololololol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You got Jerry saying we're going all in

You have Stephen going against Jerry as usual

You have will McClay giving out what we're looking for in the draft

None of this maybe amount to a hill of beans, but I think they would be better if they moved in silence, what a great organization this would be if we could put a gag order on all of these guys. Please give your thoughts, are you fine, or do you not like management speaking to the media in the manner they do.

IT"S fine to talk to the media I must say again, some times for Jerry and Stephen, it's like a race in who can contradict each other!
And you have the fans spinning it however they want. This time of year, right before FA and then the draft, teams are not showing their cards. In fact, they sometimes give false information to keep other teams guessing as what players they’ll go after or draft. When you have a hater attitude, you’ll of course say the ownership is all over the place but at this point in the year it’s what all teams do. I don’t know how old you are, but even the most casual fan should know this.

Loso86

Reaction score

None of this maybe amount to a hill of beans, but I think they would be better if they moved in silence, what a great organization this would be if we could put a gag order on all of these guys. Please give your thoughts, are you fine, or do you not like management speaking to the media in the manner they do.

IT"S fine to talk to the media I must say again, some times for Jerry and Stephen, it's like a race in who can contradict each other!
Yall do this every year and so do they

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Then people would be complaining because we're not hearing anything.

MikeT22

Reaction score
People are reading far far far far too much into him saying that.

They think he is talking about outside FA's, which he wasn't. Just our own FA's.
Yeah, it was confirmation that “ we like our guys” and will pay our guys. And we like Mike, since we have to pay him one more year anyways.

CWR

Reaction score
I dont care what they say.

I care what they do. They can give us 3 different takes and philosophies all together, as long as they are on the same page and execute in reality.

I actually believe they are on the same page. Jerry is just selling, and he's full of crap. They will do what they always do and pay too much for our own, while ignoring the rest of the market. We will begin bringing in guys by the second or third week.

So in reality they won't execute to my satisfaction.

Hope I'm wrong, and the possibility of being wrong is why I'll still tune in and hope against hope.

CWR

Reaction score
People are reading far far far far too much into him saying that.

They think he is talking about outside FA's, which he wasn't. Just our own FA's.
Yup, he said it from go. People just wanted to believe otherwise. Credit Jerry for intentionally misleading though. He wanted to make it sound like he was committed and it sort of stopped the burning, a little.

StarLord

Reaction score
True, but this is all year every year. This is just 30 years of business as usual.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In the meantime, the Houston Texans are starting to look better all the time. :grin:
Jerry & Son had better consider that situation more seriously than it seems. :omg:

Flinger

Reaction score

Sadly, it is what the Cowboys do best these days... talk.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Seems about right, they are all on different pages.

Draft a run stuffing DT, and then ask him to lose 30 lbs.

Trade for a QB without talking to your HC.