*** Manchester United vs. Manchester City **

Phoenix

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/29/us/manchester-derby-america/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

(CNN) -- It's no Super Bowl. Heck, it's no Monday Night Football, but for an American audience, Monday's Manchester derby -- that is, the English club soccer game between Manchester's two Premier League teams -- is about as big as it gets stateside.

Sure, many American sports fans call the sport boring and complain there's not enough scoring. It moves too slowly, they say, and is marred by prima donnas who flop to the ground if you breathe on them.

Haters aside, the United States is taking notice. ESPN moved the game from ESPN 2 to its flagship station, a first for a weekday Premiership game. Pubs across the nation are anticipating big crowds, and some Americans are doing something very British for match day: skipping out of work early.

.....just too early for me to be able to skip out of work :mad:

juck

Reaction score
Im amped about this. I had to tivo it tho cause im at work cant wait to watch tonight. Its a Monster match. As big as they get.Go Man City

MC KAos

Reaction score
im super excited about this game! i hope city puts up another 6 spot on them!

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I am giving it my best effort, but this sport is just too boring for me, sorry. I tried. Maybe it would be more entertaining if the amount of players on field for each team was reduced from 11 to 7. It just seems near impossible to get a good shot at the goal with so many people clogging up the field. I guess that's why so many people find it interesting because of its difficulty. I would like to see a bit more scoring though.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I try not to be the ignorant American...but I really can't but think "Meh, who cares? It's just soccer."

Tricericon

Reaction score
Soccer is like chess; it's tons of fun to play, but you have to be really into it to enjoy just watching.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Tricericon;4542910 said:
Soccer is like chess; it's tons of fun to play, but you have to be really into it to enjoy just watching.

I agree, I don't like watching games if I do not have a rooting interest. I don't watch EPL because I don't care about any of the teams plus it is crap soccer. The only MLS I watch is Portland and Seattle. I can watch international soccer because of my political opinion of different nations (who doesn't enjoy watch North Korea get pounded?) but Barcelona is really the only other club I'll watch because Messi is fun to watch.

juck

Reaction score
I havent watched it yet,Man city won i see. I bet the crowd was insane