Mandatory "Player got cut" thread

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
My thoughts? Don't quit your day job.

A few years ago, Johnny Manziel was a prospect, RGIII was good, and Colin Kaepernick was a few plays away from winning the Superbowl.

If you've researched Pryor since you liked him during the draft, you know he's been a major disappointment for what might be the worst team in the league.

Edit: He's been traded to the Browns

Read the last few paragraphs in this article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...trading-calvin-pryor-salary-and-attitude-dump

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Calvin Pryor Edition. Got cut for fighting. I'd take him over Heath just because I liked him during draft few years ago. Thoughts?
Heath isn't the one they would cut though. It would likely be Woods. Not what I would want to do.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Browns and Jets' secondary can live without him and so can the Cowboys'.

Let's see how Heath does, and let's not forget Kavon Frazier and Xavier Woods are future options if he doesn't pan out.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Performance over time will change minds but both of those guys should have been drafted in the first half of the first round given their metrics and college production.

Weddle was the 5th S drafted. That in particular was a travesty.
Are you implying there were drafted later bc of their ethnicity?

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
My thoughts? Don't quit your day job.

A few years ago, Johnny Manziel was a prospect, RGIII was good, and Colin Kaepernick was a few plays away from winning the Superbowl.

If you've researched Pryor since you liked him during the draft, you know he's been a major disappointment for what might be the worst team in the league.

Edit: He's been traded to the Browns

Read the last few paragraphs in this article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...trading-calvin-pryor-salary-and-attitude-dump

He was traded in his last year of rookie deal I thought because they are just rebuilding the jets. He got cut for fighting a teammate. I'm not saying he lived up to his first round draft status but I remember him being a solid tackler but not great in coverage. Granted I havnt watched his tape SINCE that draft.

But we all knew this thread was coming right ;-)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rewatched the games focusing on Heath and the things people are complaining about have been baseless. I've noticed white DBs and DEs get this sort of treatment.

I didn't see a problem with Heath.

People loved Woods but I felt he might have freelanced from the scheme a bit.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sadly, your statement rings true. Can he play? That should be all that matters!

I don't know if that is the issue with Heath. People hated Wilcox and loved Bill Bates.

The Heath issue primarily goes back to people hating him for the Detroit game his rookie year He never should have been playing then and definitely not starting as a udfa free agent from a really small college.

Most fans judge players on big plays good or bad and most have no idea what the Safety is doing when he is not near the ball.