Manning brothers help with Hurricane relief

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. , today announced that it has teamed up with quarterbacks and brothers Peyton and Eli Manning to fly water, food and much-needed supplies to Louisiana to be distributed by the Red Cross for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The Mannings, natives of New Orleans, La., departed Indianapolis International Airport Saturday morning on an AirTran Airways Boeing 737-700 full of more than 15 tons of desperately needed relief items including water, Gatorade, diapers, baby formula, medical supplies, pillows and food. Destined for Baton Rouge, La., the Mannings helped unload the supplies from the AirTran Airways jet and onto Red Cross trucks. Early in the afternoon, both Manning brothers toured a local Baton Rouge relief shelter operated by the Red Cross.

"Like Peyton and Eli Manning, AirTran Airways is involved in the community. There is a tremendous need in the Hurricane Katrina affected areas, and we are so pleased to partner with the Manning brothers to provide these humanitarian flights," said Robert L. Fornaro, president and chief operating officer of AirTran Airways.

"I am very appreciative of AirTran Airways for helping Eli and me deliver these desperately needed supplies," said Peyton Manning. "Instead of just talking about it, Eli and I are the kind of guys that do things. I think it is important to give back to the community, and AirTran Airways helped us get it done. We couldn't have done it without them."

"We're grateful for AirTran Airways assistance to fly the aid to our hometown of New Orleans and the other communities across Louisiana and Mississippi," said Eli Manning.

The trip was made possible by AirTran Airways, the American Red Cross, Peyton Manning's PeyBack Foundation, St. Vincent Health, Marsh Foods, and Gatorade.