Manning's father still miffed

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
I used to have so much respect for the Manning family but ever since that Eli fiasco i have lost almost all respect for them. Maybe thats why the Mannings can't win a ring because they can't handle criticism and fold when it counts. Just stop crying, do your job and all the criticism will turn to praising if you win the big one

Archie is right in that Peyton does shoulder more blame than he deserves. At the same time, Peyton is the QB. I'm sure Archie wasn't complaining when Peyton was paid millions to do Direct TV commercials and ads. You think he would get those ads if he was a lineman. Excess criticism as well as excess praise comes with being a QB.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Archie. Go away. Please.

He was smack in the middle with Eli and the San Diego Chargers...

Maybe the reason Peyton folds the second there is adversity is because his father feels the need to protect him.

Let them grow up Archie. You're making it worse for them.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
CowboyExpress said:
And just our luck we're going to have to probably contend with another generation of these wipes in about 20 years or so again. :rolleyes: But forgive me, I forget, he's still some peoples o'holy franchise quarterback god/idol. Or wait, that's only for the regular season and up until the inevidible fall in the playoffs, that people worship him. So when does worship 2006 begin? I mean it's tricky talking about the big brother sometimes., see cause most people never remember the playoff chokes and just get tied up in the spectacular numbers he throws up for the first 16 games of the season. It really isn't until the chokes that people re-remember the real deal about this guy. But god, around 30 TD's next year everyone will start forgetting again. I'm at least glad January always gives us a few months of santity where he is concerned. Month or so though and we'll again be hearing the "i wish we could get a franchise quarterback like Manning but I know it's only a pipe-dream" posts.

Just think of what we would have had to put up with if the Colts had broken the Dolphin's record!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
It is what it is.....guess the colts triplets......not quite as GREAT as the COWBOY triplets huh?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Bradshaw has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder when it comes to guys he considers spoiled.

He took the same shots at John Elway that he's now taking at the Mannings.

When Bradshaw was drafted by Pittsburgh, the Steelers were absolutely horrible. Bradshaw was a southern boy and the last place he wanted to go was Pittsburgh.

Obviously, he sucked it up, went anyway and made the best of the situation.

If you here him talk about it, he's very proud of that.

When Elway was drafted by Baltimore and announced he wasn't going to play for mean ol' Frank Kush, he beat the system and got his way (a trade to Denver).

I've heard Bradshaw complain about Elway not going where he was drafted and forcing the trade.

I'm sure the Mannings' manipulation of the system to enable Eli to avoid San Diego rubbed Bradshaw the wrong way, too.

He's proud of the fact that he went where he was drafted and seems to unload on anybody who thinks they have the right to pick their team coming out of college. It seems personal with him.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief said:
Bradshaw has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder when it comes to guys he considers spoiled.

When Bradshaw was drafted by Pittsburgh, the Steelers were absolutely horrible. Bradshaw was a southern boy and the last place he wanted to go was Pittsburgh.

When Elway was drafted by Baltimore and announced he wasn't going to play for mean ol' Frank Kush, he beat the system and got his way (a trade to Denver).

I've heard Bradshaw complain about Elway not going where he was drafted and forcing the trade.

I'm sure the Mannings' manipulation of the system to enable Eli to avoid San Diego rubbed Bradshaw the wrong way, too.

He's proud of the fact that he went where he was drafted and seems to unload on anybody who thinks they have the right to pick their team coming out of college. It seems personal with him.

Well looky what the cat dragged in.........afternoon Chiefy and Happy New Year. Stop by moer often. :)

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Chief said:

I dont blame him.

- Mike G.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He should go watch the latest Bang cartoon...Mannings choking, kinda funny.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to say this. But do you ever just look at someone and immediately think they are dumb ?

Take a peek at the Mannings...

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Chief said:

But the thing is that Bradshaw is right in every aspect of this.

This is the NFL and the Mannings seem to think that they are above the NFL.

It isn't only Bradshaw that is rubbed the wrong way in this. This is just another example of the Mannings thinking that they are "holier than thou".

The Mannings as a whole haven't won a thing in the NFL yet they act like they should be the ambassadors of the NFL. You've got Eli, more than likely through his father, telling the NFL where he won't play. You've got Payton telling his coach to get the FG kicker/punter to get off the field, etc.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Never cared for Archie Manning, Eli has a long way to go and I don't like him either.

The NFL should have never allowed Eli to not go to Baltimore.

I have always liked Peyton and would take him as my QB in a heartbeat.

He is not the reason that the Colts lost to the Steelers.

And while Bradshaw ripped him for his comments, Ditka and Irvin both took up for him.

I have never been impressed with Bradshaw's opinion anyway.

Plus I dislike the media waaaay more than the Mannings.

I just don't pay much attention to them.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Never cared for Archie Manning, Eli has a long way to go and I don't like him either.

The NFL should have never allowed Eli to not go to Baltimore.

I have always liked Peyton and would take him as my QB in a heartbeat.

He is not the reason that the Colts lost to the Steelers.

And while Bradshaw ripped him for his comments, Ditka and Irvin both took up for him.

I have never been impressed with Bradshaw's opinion anyway.

Plus I dislike the media waaaay more than the Mannings.

I just don't pay much attention to them.

I don't think the NFL allowed it....it just resulted as a trade by the Chargers. Albeit, after MUCH whining by the Mannings.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Archie needs to shut his yap. He doesn't seem to mind the media when they're so far up his kids' butts you need a search and rescue party to bring them out.

His kids have both been in the media spotlight since before their college careers began. They stayed there, and I don't doubt that Archie had something to do with maintaining their position there. The fact is, his kids play the most vital and scrutinized position on the field.

Even if a playoff loss isn't completely on their shoulders, if it's a trend as it has been with PM, they'll get the focus. Fair? Not necessarily, but when you're in their position you have to be mindful of what you say and how you say it. If the Cards were somehow in the same position and McCown had said the same thing, it probably wouldn't raise many eyebrows. Like it or not, that's the price of notoriety.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Don't care for Archie or Eli. They annoy the hell out of me. However, I have no problems with Peyton, or the comments he made. I think more players should speak truths in the NFL. Not BS their way through things. BSing and lying through your teeth doesn't help anyone. Pointing out the obvious doesn't hurt anyone either. These boys are in the NFL, if they can't understand where they screwed up, and take criticism for it, then they can just stop collecting massive checks 17 weeks a year. Everyone loves when Parcells makes some comment about a player, but Peyton does it and the world is going to hell. It's stupid.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Archie needs to **** and let his boys take care of their own problems.

You think he would have learned that after the Eli Draft fiasco.
Actually the Eli Draft Fiasco as you call it worked out pretty well for Eli. Had he and Archie not made such a big fuss then it might be Eli sitting on the bench behind Brees.

But I do agree that Archie needs to **** about this latest Peyton deal. I lost a lot of respect for Peyton when he made those comments. I know it had to be disappointing to lose after the season they had but he should have taken it like a man.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Indianapolis Star: "Archie Manning continues to do a slow burn over the way his son, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, is getting ripped by national media for his comments after Sunday's playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers."

235-680-MP13.jpg

Hiero

Reaction score
ELDudearino said:
maybe senior is the the problem why manning folds under to much pressure...

psycho analysis:rolleyes:
exactly. the mannings dont have the killer instinct they are so un-clutch.
Plus both of them panic if they are about to get hit. They can't stand in the pocket and make the throw and take the hit like Ben and most QB's that are men can.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Actually the Eli Draft Fiasco as you call it worked out pretty well for Eli. Had he and Archie not made such a big fuss then it might be Eli sitting on the bench behind Brees.

But I do agree that Archie needs to **** about this latest Peyton deal. I lost a lot of respect for Peyton when he made those comments. I know it had to be disappointing to lose after the season they had but he should have taken it like a man.

I'm not saying it didn't work out for Eli...But he and his Dad took a lot of heat for it and Continue to do so...Archie sticking up for Peyton now is just a continuation of that kind of crap.