Manny Lawson, 2 sacks, Kamerion Wimbley, 1 sack

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Nevermind the Ware vs. Merriman fights. At least we got a GREAT starter with Ware. He may not be as much of a beast as Merriman but I'm sure he'll go to a few Pro Bowls.

It's the linebacker pick THIS YEAR that has me worried. Will Carpenter play today? Lawson is tearing it up today with the Niners. Has 2 sacks so far. Wimbley had his first sack this week. Still looking for our linebacker to perform.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The thing is, even if Carpenter WERE playing and if he were playing well, he STILL wouldn't have multiple sack days. We didn't bring him here to constantly rush the passer - even as an OLB. And especially not now that he is an ILB.

Incomparable.

jay cee

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Nevermind the Ware vs. Merriman fights. At least we got a GREAT starter with Ware. He may not be as much of a beast as Merriman but I'm sure he'll go to a few Pro Bowls.

It's the linebacker pick THIS YEAR that has me worried. Will Carpenter play today? Lawson is tearing it up today with the Niners. Has 2 sacks so far. Wimbley had his first sack this week. Still looking for our linebacker to perform.
Cowboys did not need a pass rushing LB in this draft. They needed a guy that could cover, play the run as well as get after the QB.

That's why a 32 y.o. converted DE is starting in that spot.:D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
The thing is, even if Carpenter WERE playing and if he were playing well, he STILL wouldn't have multiple sack days. We didn't bring him here to constantly rush the passer - even as an OLB. And especially not now that he is an ILB.

Incomparable.

Oh lord. Here we go again with the "Bill only wanted a run stopper" stuff. The main problem I have with the argument that Carp wasn't supposed to be a pass rusher is he has yet to show he's any better in coverage or against the run than Wimbley or Lawson. Hell, Wimbley would do a better job against the run than Carp, and Lawson is faster, ya know he'd be better in coverage as soon as he got his technique down. He did play linebacker in college, he wasn't a complete DE to LB project like Wimbley.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jay cee said:
Cowboys did not need a pass rushing LB in this draft. They needed a guy that could cover, play the run as well as get after the QB.

That's why a 32 y.o. converted DE is starting in that spot.:D

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Agian we pick these guys, and GUESS WHAT PEOPLE.. THEY WILL BE INACTIVE TO.

The freakin players ahve nothing to do with, the simple fact WE ARE SO DEEP AT LB. IT DOESNT FREAKING AMTTER WHO WE FREAKING DRAFTED THEY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE ANYTHING HERE EITHER. GET OVER THE FREAKING MAN LOVE FOR THESE FOOLS. JEEZ

/rant over

2much2soon

Reaction score
I doubt that Lawson will be inactive much, if ever, for the whiners.
And who says Dallas doesn't need another guy who can pressure the QB?
Last week looked about like last season in terms of pressure.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
We're really gonna regret passing on Wimbley.

Oh, wait.....

If only we would have taken Carson Palmer we would not be in this QB situation now. :p:

Reaction score
I don't understand how we were supposed to get Wimbley? He was drafted 13th!!! The Cowboys didn't pick until 18th. ENOUGH about Wimbley!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
diamond cutter said:
I don't understand how we were supposed to get Wimbley? He was drafted 13th!!! The Cowboys didn't pick until 18th. ENOUGH about Wimbley!!!

SHH...let them whine. This is the Madden and fantasy football generation where taking any player was possible.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Forget Wimbley.. I wanted Carpenter and I'll admit it, but Lawson's speed was un-deniable. And if someone suggests we don't need pass-rushers, think again!

superpunk

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If only we would have taken Carson Palmer we would not be in this QB situation now. :p:

Marcus Coleman + 1st and 2nd rounders next year will clear that right up. Cincy is such a sucker.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Ummm.... the thread was about Lawson too. Carpenter was 3rd on some fans' lists.

If you drafted a LB not named Wimbley I doubt they would be playing on this team right now.

They may be active and get a few snaps, but not starting IMO.

If anything one could argue we should have drafted another position but at the time we did not know how well Greg would turn out.

jman

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Carson Palmer??? Carson Palmer??? Palmer???

I'll worry about Carson Palmer the day I let go of the fact we didn't draft Montana or Marino...Or...that other guy, and that other one too.

Oh wait...I'm over it already...Who did you say we should have drafted as QB? Harry Carson, Johnny Carson, Carson...ummm, that dude on MTV???

Oh well, I'll just continue to root for the guys that the Cowboys drafted and not the 20,000 other guys we didn't.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest...I thought you might understand...Thanks.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If you drafted a LB not named Wimbley I doubt they would be playing on this team right now.

They may be active and get a few snaps, but not starting IMO.

If anything one could argue we should have drafted another position but at the time we did not know how well Greg would turn out.

I have to disagree. A first rounder is a first rounder. I don't care how much depth we have or what schemes we're running. If you're a fella capable of multiple sack games, you won't be on any inactive list, no matter how much depth is at that position.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
I have to disagree. A first rounder is a first rounder. I don't care how much depth we have or what schemes we're running. If you're a fella capable of multiple sack games, you won't be on any inactive list, no matter how much depth is at that position.

You can disagree all you want but it is just speculation on both of our parts that lawson would be sitting or not.