Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend is a Hoax *Merge*

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4982481 said:
I don't care either way.

What does any of this have to do with rather he can tackle or play linebacker?

Is he a moron? Sure. Is this one of the dumbest things ever? Absolutely.

It has zero bearing on what he can and can't do on a football field. We're not talking about a guy who is doing drugs, killing people, raping people, or whatever.

We're talking about a moron who either got completely duped or got in on an act to try and gain Heisman momentum. Either of those still has no bearing on rather he can or can't play the position of LB in the NFL.

But it does show he is a potential risk as a major head case. And that is a huge factor as it often has some affect on his on the field performance and team chemistry/issues.

It actually has some bearing on what he may or may not do as a football player.

Rogah

Reaction score
joseephuss;4974699 said:
You presume she wasn't playing with a full deck prior to the alleged rape and not as the result of the alleged rape. She is also entitled to the "presumption of innocence". You can't just assume she is guilty of making false accusations.

http://www.suicide.org/rape-victims-prone-to-suicide.html
It doesn't work that way. In this country, the accused are afforded the presumption of innocence until shown to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It makes no sense - either morally or legally - to give anyone who makes an accusation the "presumption of innocence" and just assume that they are telling the truth.

You're relying on the word of a woman unbalanced enough that she committed suicide. 'Nuff said.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Rogah;4983453 said:
You're relying on the word of a woman unbalanced enough that she committed suicide. 'Nuff said.

That is such a ridiculous notion, you aren't taking her situation into account. She would likely be unstable enough to commit suicide after being raped, then being threatened to keep quite, and knowing the local police and the University are doing nothing to help her. Her suicide speaks as much for her case as it does against and should not be considered in deciding the innocence of the players.

Rogah

Reaction score
Cythim;4983646 said:
That is such a ridiculous notion, you aren't taking her situation into account.
I know her exact situation. She accused people of heinous crimes and then killed herself. If that's the type of person you want to side with, so be it. Of course Notre Dame haters like you are going to just assume the players are 100% guilty without so much as worrying about, you know, an actual investigation and due process.

I, for one, am glad the laws of the United States and the criminal justice system within which we live applies to everyone - even football players who play for the college you really really hate.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Rogah;4984164 said:
I know her exact situation. She accused people of heinous crimes and then killed herself. If that's the type of person you want to side with, so be it. Of course Notre Dame haters like you are going to just assume the players are 100% guilty without so much as worrying about, you know, an actual investigation and due process.

I, for one, am glad the laws of the United States and the criminal justice system within which we live applies to everyone - even football players who play for the college you really really hate.

You are such a clown. When did I say anything to lead you to believe I hate Notre Dame? I haven't figured either side innocent or guilty, I am just pointing out that her suicide could have been driven by the way she was allegedly treated by Notre Dame players, the local police and the University. But since I am arguing against your views it must be because I am a hater and not because I am looking at it from a position of less bias than you have.

Rogah

Reaction score
Cythim;4984277 said:
You are such a clown.
Ah, the sweet bitterness of personal attacks. Last gasp of the desperate.
Cythim;4984277 said:
When did I say anything to lead you to believe I hate Notre Dame? I haven't figured either side innocent or guilty,
Then let's leave it at that - although I can't help but wonder why you've saved all your venom in this thread for me, with none for those who have already condemned the accused without so much as a hearing.

(Don't worry, I don't really wonder why you've saved all your venom for me - I know the real reason)