'Many On This Board' May Be A False Generalization

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before typing the phrase 'many on this board' or something similar and clicking on the Reply or Create Thread buttons:
  • take a moment
  • browse to cowboyszone.com
  • glance at ALL the members shown on the right hand side of the home page on any given day
--and consider how many of the posters behind those names may have ever posted comments that validate your claim. 'Many on his board' is a figure of speech but does it hold water necessarily on a site home to:
  • thousands of visitors and
  • hundreds of active members
--and only a TINY portion of that multitude support your claim?

/rant

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before typing the phrase 'many on this board' or something similar and clicking on the Reply or Create Thread buttons:
  • take a moment
  • glance at ALL the members shown on the right hand side of the home page on any given day
--and consider how many of the posters behind those names may have ever posted comments that validate your claim. 'Many on his board' is a figure of speech but does it hold water necessarily on a site home to:

/rant
'Few on this board' disagree with you :D

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's a significant difference between, "Many on this board" and "A large percentage of this board". "Many" is a subjective term. For instance, if 2 people here would be willing to kill someone for a Kit Kat bar, I'd say that constitutes "many"...Whereas, if 2 people here thought Jessica Alba was hot, I'd say that doesn't seem like many.

nobody

Reaction score
Runny's right. Many is subjective....thought I'd classify it at anything above 5 or so.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There's a significant difference between, "Many on this board" and "A large percentage of this board". "Many" is a subjective term. For instance, if 2 people here would be willing to kill someone for a Kit Kat bar, I'd say that constitutes "many"...Whereas, if 2 people here thought Jessica Alba was hot, I'd say that doesn't seem like many.
That's why I say "some fans here."

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
  • take a moment

/rant

To support or not to support. That's what jockey is for.

:yourock: