Marcellous Wiley and track

RaZon

Reaction score
If you watch Speak For Yourself then you know he talks track a lot. I'm a track geek and have never heard of him running track and he talked about being fast.

Here's the story....

A a little kid he was fast, actually won the Nationals in the 400m at 13. I don't follow kids that young.

Anyway, then he started growing and simply got too big to sprint. But his love for the sport is obviously still there.

So there it is.

A 4.91 40 coming out of Columbia. Yep, sprinting days long gone.

Fastest big guy was Christian Okoye, he ran a leg on that Azusa Pacific 4x1 team at 255 pounds, what a sight that must have been.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If you watch Speak For Yourself then you know he talks track a lot. I'm a track geek and have never heard of him running track and he talked about being fast.

Here's the story....

A a little kid he was fast, actually won the Nationals in the 400m at 13. I don't follow kids that young.

Anyway, then he started growing and simply got too big to sprint. But his love for the sport is obviously still there.

So there it is.

A 4.91 40 coming out of Columbia. Yep, sprinting days long gone.

Fastest big guy was Christian Okoye, he ran a leg on that Azusa Pacific 4x1 team at 255 pounds, what a sight that must have been.

He was like 275-280 when he came out of Columbia.. Not much sprinting going on at that size. Okoye was definitely an anomaly. Trying to think of other guys in the 250+ weight class who had real speed. Former Raiders tight end Rickey Dudley was pretty ridiculously fast at 6'6" 250 I think he ran 4.48 at his pro day. Same as current Falcon Kyle Pitts. Former Buc Jimmie Giles had similar speed at 6'4" 245. He was reported to have run 4.45. Still another tight end, former 49er and Commander Vernon Davis was the fastest of all of them having run 4.38 at the combine when he came out.

RaZon

Reaction score
He was like 275-280 when he came out of Columbia.. Not much sprinting going on at that size. Okoye was definitely an anomaly. Trying to think of other guys in the 250+ weight class who had real speed. Former Raiders tight end Rickey Dudley was pretty ridiculously fast at 6'6" 250 I think he ran 4.48 at his pro day. Same as current Falcon Kyle Pitts. Former Buc Jimmie Giles had similar speed at 6'4" 245. He was reported to have run 4.45. Still another tight end, former 49er and Commander Vernon Davis was the fastest of all of them having run 4.38 at the combine when he came out.

Good ones there, yep, yep and yep, and agree on Davis.

The Bills had a 250 pound fullback back in the day, Cookie Gilchrist, he had speed was far more than just a thumper, he had a few long runs because of that speed. Just don't have any times on him.

Kellen Winslow could motor, had to be the fastest TE before Davis.

When t comes to legit sprinters we rarely see any over 200 pounds, most in that 170ish range. Hayes was 190. Thinking Bolt is 210ish but,,,6-5.

Last edited:

buddieluver

Reaction score
Matt Jones former Razorback QB who ran a 4.3 at 6’6 242 was another fast big guy.

perrykemp

Reaction score

Tony Mandarich ran a 4.65 at 304 lbs at the 1989 combine.

He was widely hailed as the greatest offensive line prospect of all time. He was a steroid monster, however, still a super impressive 40 times for a 300 pounder.

tony-mandarich-ras-1240.png

RaZon

Reaction score
Matt Jones former Razorback QB who ran a 4.3 at 6’6 242 was another fast big guy.

Georgia Tech had Perrin Walker back in the 30's he was one of the fastest cats in the world, stood 6-5.

perrin-walker-of-oglethorpe-georgia-the-100-yards-sprinter-in-action-picture-id698885360

RaZon

Reaction score
Tony Mandarich ran a 4.65 at 304 lbs at the 1989 combine.

He was widely hailed as the greatest offensive line prospect of all time. He was a steroid monster, however, still a super impressive 40 times for a 300 pounder.

tony-mandarich-ras-1240.png

Who can forget
702448---cover-thumbnail-image.jpg