March Madness

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is my favorite time of year in off season of football. I plan my life around it much like Cowboys Football. I consider March Madness the greatest sporting event of the year. My father begun taking us to the NCAA Tournament when I was a kid and we attended the SWC Tourney every year in Dallas.

Many times I’ve attended either 1st and 2nd Rounds or Regional but none were in Texas this year. Closet is Tulsa and since my Alma Mater is in Utah tonite and my wife’s didn’t make it this year we are staying at home .

We’ve already had some March Madness today as Louisville and Marquette were upset and a crazy ending in Auburn game.

I hope everyone enjoys these next 3 weeks as much as I do but this first week is always the best with all of the games on 4 different networks. I love how the NCAA has been televising all of the games this past decade. And of course you can view all of the games on their Ap as well.

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Beth Mowins is ruining it for me. She is absolutely awful. Who is giving her these opportunities?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What an incredible tournament.

I don’t know if any sport brings the emotion of March Madness? I’ve watched at least part of every game.

And I can’t recall so many games this deep into the tourney coming down to the end like these Regionals.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m very excited for Texas Tech representing the Big 12 in their 1st ever Final 4.

1st Big 12 team in Final 4 besides Kansas since Texas in 2003.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Quite a story for Auburn knocking off three of the most storied schools in Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky to reach their 1st Final 4.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coach K being denied his record 13th Final 4 appearance with Duke which would have broke his tie with UCLA’s John Wooden 12 Final 4’s who made his last in 1975 winning his 10th championship before retiring.

A record I don’t expect will ever be broken. 10 championships.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Coach K being denied his record 13th Final 4 appearance with Duke which would have broke his tie with UCLA’s John Wooden 12 Final 4’s who made his last in 1975 winning his 10th championship before retiring.

A record I don’t expect will ever be broken. 10 championships.
I'm assuming you mean these are coaching records, not the schools overall?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes and why I stated the coaches.
Yeah, the Wooden 10 title record is out of reach by far. Will never happen

He was the master, but it was also an entirely different world back then
Only 1 team per conference (so in the ACC for example, if you had the #1 team in the country but lost your tourney, you did not go to the NCAA tourney)
He had Alcindor and Walton for 8 years. Obviously would never happen now
West team only played west teams in the tourney until the final 4. Tourney bracket was set up regionally...so way easier to get to final four if in the west.

Still, he was incredible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, the Wooden 10 title record is out of reach by far. Will never happen

He was the master, but it was also an entirely different world back then
Only 1 team per conference (so in the ACC for example, if you had the #1 team in the country but lost your tourney, you did not go to the NCAA tourney)
He had Alcindor and Walton for 8 years. Obviously would never happen now
West team only played west teams in the tourney until the final 4. Tourney bracket was set up regionally...so way easier to get to final four if in the west.

Still, he was incredible.
Yep

All you can do is be the best of your era. And Wooden dominated.