Marcus Davenport DE from Univ. of Texas San Antonio

Philmonroe

Reaction score
There are tons of Cowboys fans in SA, surely someone here will have the inside scoop on this guy
OT but you wouldn't happen to goto LA Fitness on grant Ave would you? Philadelphia isn't that bad also.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I definitely want to see him with his hands in the dirt.
That is a pretty overrated quality as far as I am concerned. Rushing is less about getting out of the stance than it is other nuances.

What is interesting to me is that he is getting reps at both end and tackle in the drills.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
That is a pretty overrated quality as far as I am concerned. Rushing is less about getting out of the stance than it is other nuances.

What is interesting to me is that he is getting reps at both end and tackle in the drills.

Hmm they probably think he can possibly add more weight to play inside at the 3 technique.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hmm they probably think he can possibly add more weight to play inside at the 3 technique.
I disagree.

Many teams just like their ends to be able to move inside to tackle for Nascar packages and the like. It is a trait they always covet.

That does not mean they want to bulk him up to play tackle.

4-3 teams look for tackle flex. 3-4 teams want to see him do OLB drills. The hybrid teams that are not married to a rigid alignment like to see it all as it only helps them.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I disagree.

Many teams just like their ends to be able to move inside to tackle for Nascar packages and the like. It is a trait they always covet.

That does not mean they want to bulk him up to play tackle.

4-3 teams look for tackle flex. 3-4 teams want to see him do OLB drills. The hybrid teams that are not married to a rigid alignment like to see it all as it only helps them.

He needs to add weight regardless and yes that's what I meant when I reference moving inside to play DT.

Paintrain4978

Reaction score

Maybe but in the Cowboys scheme he'll have to show he can for them to even consider drafting him. Demarcus Ware wasn't a scheme fit and that was one of the reasons why.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Many times, it comes down to player's personal preference and tendencies. We have guys who would get "tall" too fast so we'd put them in a stance. Typically, when we have that truly athletic freak, we stand him up so he has more of an advantage against the larger, less athletic guy across from him. Unless that guy was Garett Bolles when we played him at Snow. It really didn't matter what we did to him, he just manhandled our kids.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Brugler said he is raw with traits, he had a bad day on day one, struggled with OL on the edge and looked bad inside as well.

Maybe he shows more as the week progresses.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's got the size and he definitely has the athleticism.

He'd be a good guy for Marinelli to get a hold of.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

cnuball21

Reaction score
I just don't see it with this guy. I've heard about top 20 picks but most of his rushing experience is against poor competition out of a 2 point stance.

Due to his size he'll have to go to a 4-3 team where his hand will always be in the dirt.

I think Taco was a cleaner prospect last year.