Marcus McNeill

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
http://auburntigers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcneill_marcus00.html

I gave this kid a lot of heat for no show. Appears there was death in family so I wipe the slate clean. Can't find anything solid on back problem of 2 1/2 years ago. He's played through that at a very high level. Outland finalist.

Beast of a player - Carries Top 15 grade that could slip with very deep Tackle class.

Watson
McNeill

Thats a nice Round 1, 2 draft!

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Nors said:
http://auburntigers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcneill_marcus00.html

I gave this kid a lot of heat for no show. Appears there was death in family so I wipe the slate clean. Can't find anything solid on back problem of 2 1/2 years ago. He's played through that at a very high level. Outland finalist.

Beast of a player - Carries Top 15 grade that could slip with very deep Tackle class.

Watson
McNeill

Thats a nice Round 1, 2 draft!

I think ducking out of the Hula Bowl raised some eye brows and people jumped the gun when he missed weigh in's at the Senior Bowl. His back and neck injuries are legit and he receives special attention after games but beyond that there has been nothing that would leave anyone to believe it's still an issue. I'm sure it will be checked out by team doctors before anyone makes a jump on him.

I'm glad it's no big deal. The more quality OL in this draft the better it is for us.

Hiero

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
I think ducking out of the Hula Bowl raised some eye brows and people jumped the gun when he missed weigh in's at the Senior Bowl. His back and neck injuries are legit and he receives special attention after games but beyond that there has been nothing that would leave anyone to believe it's still an issue. I'm sure it will be checked out by team doctors before anyone makes a jump on him.

I'm glad it's no big deal. The more quality OL in this draft the better it is for us.
hopefully it isnt a big deal and we take McNeill. McNeill and Watson is good with me.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
So Nors, you want Watson over Lawson? I thought you were on board the Lawson train?

***** EDIT: After re-reading the Lawson thread, I think I was mistaken. I thought you were a Lawson fan, but you showed skeptecisim there.

Personally, I think Ferguson/Glover/Johnson are just fine at NT. I'd rather amp up at OLB than NT.

neosapien23

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:

I don't think the Cowboys should take him in the first. If he is there for our 2nd round pick, then we should take him then. I'm a little leary of guys with know back problems.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
cobra said:
So Nors, you want Watson over Lawson? I thought you were on board the Lawson train?

***** EDIT: After re-reading the Lawson thread, I think I was mistaken. I thought you were a Lawson fan, but you showed skeptecisim there.

Personally, I think Ferguson/Glover/Johnson are just fine at NT. I'd rather amp up at OLB than NT.

Lawson, Watson take in rounds 1 and 2 is doable.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I like Lawson a lot - have some reservations about him at #18 but he's amped up and a potential 3-4 freak

Watson is a stud NT rotation guy to go with Fergi. Glover at what 34 and $7M cap hit and $1.5M bonus may be a goner soon.

Draft here yet?

neosapien23

Reaction score
Nors said:
Lawson, Watson take in rounds 1 and 2 is doable.

I wouldn't mind picking those two up if and only if Dallas can sign good young FA lineman. Bentley and Barry should be signed up immediately. We should sign either Mike Williams or Fonutui to a one year deal to play guard and see if they can lose some weight.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We have a bunch of unknowns on this team who Parcells needs to figure out whether they can play or not. Plus, I think Parcells looks to FA for a vet Tackle (maybe even a cheap 1) Just someone who can hold the fort down until the Petermans and Petittis of the world get better.

Remember also, we can afford to protect one side with a double team but not 2. So I think Parcells will focus on getting a solid RT in here, draft a low round Tackle to groom as well and reserve the draft for play makers. And I think most of the playmakers in the draft are definitely on defense.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
We have a bunch of unknowns on this team who Parcells needs to figure out whether they can play or not. Plus, I think Parcells looks to FA for a vet Tackle (maybe even a cheap 1) Just someone who can hold the fort down until the Petermans and Petittis of the world get better.

Remember also, we can afford to protect one side with a double team but not 2. So I think Parcells will focus on getting a solid RT in here, draft a low round Tackle to groom as well and reserve the draft for play makers. And I think most of the playmakers in the draft are definitely on defense.

Bill Parcells needs to bite the bullet as far as the Oline is concerned. We should sign young Olinemen that will contribute for years to come. No more Marco Riveras. I think Ashwoth is a really bad idea. The guy has a serious back issues. Bentley and Barry should be signed immediately even if we have to get into a bidding war for their services. We should also resign Gurode to battle for Rivera's job. If Rivera is fully recovered and can beat out Gurode, then we should have Gurode and Peterman battle it out. Larry Allen is no longer worth his salary, we should cut him immediately. We need his cap room to make some signings this FA.

Adams, Gurode/Peterman, Bentley, Rivera, Barry. Sounds about right. or
Adams, Peterman, Bentley, Gurode, Barry

It is not Marco Rivera's fault that he is sucking right now. He is not a turd. The back injury took alot out of him and we have to face reality. At this point in his career, he is not better than Andre Gurode. I just don't think Rivera will ever be the same.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Nors said:
I like Lawson a lot - have some reservations about him at #18 but he's amped up and a potential 3-4 freak

Lawson blows by Eric Winston (the most mobile OT in the draft) with no problem and bullrushes [SIZE=-1]Marcus McNeill (the strongest OT in the draft) and pushes him into the backfield. That kind of speed and strength is one of a kind, not to even mention his 40+ vertical jump :eek: . Reports about his easy movement on punt formations and his screen pass interception show he's not stiff.

And he has produced in college as well, so he's not just a workout warrior - looks like Tarzan plays like Jane type either. The only knock is he hasn't learned different pass rush moves yet ala' Ware. But that's what coaching is for.
[/SIZE]