News: Marcus Peters Traded to the Ravens

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Funny the rams see they aren't contending this year so instead of letting him walk they get a LB and a draft pick. Maybe they looking to tank a bit this year to move up the draft ladder.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Rams seem to be taking the tanking route as well.... battle of the tank 2019. Dolphins, Commanders, Bengals, Cowboys, Rams, who else will we add to the list?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice to see teams still trying to improve and compete. Too bad we aren't one of them.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Thats a quitters mentality

Not really. Tanking proves a great deal of reward for this team. Think about it. Why try and win with a decimated team (Tyrone Crawford on injured reserve, Amari likely out, Cobb hurt, Our starting tackles out, etc). When we can just tank to get JG fired and get a good draft pick? Even if we won against Philly and won the division, would it all be worth it just to get smashed and dashed by the first team we meet in the wildcard? I’d much rather have a comfortable draft pick and JG gone for a better future. One year of winning (trying to win out this season) < Multiple years of winning (firing JG, getting a few good draft picks, healthier team, etc).

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not really. Tanking proves a great deal of reward for this team. Think about it. Why try and win with a decimated team (Tyrone Crawford on injured reserve, Amari likely out, Cobb hurt, Our starting tackles out, etc). When we can just tank to get JG fired and get a good draft pick? Even if we won against Philly and won the division, would it all be worth it just to get smashed and dashed by the first team we meet in the wildcard? I’d much rather have a comfortable draft pick and JG gone for a better future. One year of winning (trying to win out this season) < Multiple years of winning (firing JG, getting a few good draft picks, healthier team, etc).
Ya...no. I would actually try to win and not be an organization of losers. Tanking in the NFL is unnecessary. And besides, If Garrett doesnt make a legit championship run he isnt getting another. If the Jones were happy with a divisional round appearance, then he would have an extension last year instead of sending him into the last year of his deal without a contract

kskboys

Reaction score
Ya...no. I would actually try to win and not be an organization of losers. Tanking in the NFL is unnecessary. And besides, If Garrett doesnt make a legit championship run he isnt getting another. If the Jones were happy with a divisional round appearance, then he would have an extension last year instead of sending him into the last year of his deal without a contract
It's only unnecessary if you have a competent GM and coaching staff.