Video: Marcus Spears goes off on Dak Prescott contract situation

Proof

Reaction score
This forum is a microcosm of the general fan base, so its been proven here in this forum to be about a 50/50 split.
That's not the best odds for Dak if he is betting on himself, especially considering that the has never elevated that support from his performance.
Blind stats, are not an accurate measurement.
Those that believe Dak is a franchise QB rely solely on fat stats, they will never recognize what really wins crucial games.
A great QB can put up horrible stats but give you that play that wins the game, that's what stats don't show.
Stats only reflect numbers, and those are given up when your down by 20 and there is only 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter.
Those that spew stats to support their agenda, really have no clue about what gets a team to a SB, or if they did at one point in time, they have forgotten it.

This is complete nonsense and essentially a straw man. His stats are used to directly refute biased inaccurate criticisms.
“He’s so innscurate”. Here’s stats that prove he’s a league leader

“He’s a bus driver and dinks and dunks”. Here’s stats that show he’s a league leader in ypa, air yards, deep ball accuracy etc

“He sucks that’s why we went 8-8 with a stacked roster”. Receivers led the league in drops, special teams was the worst in the league, defense was worst in the league on turnovers

“He can’t beat a winning team” Last year was a weird season so you can have that, here’s how he’s fated over his entire career vs winning teams

“having zeke means they’re loading the box and he can’t take advantage”. Nope. Here’s the percentage of loaded boxes relative to the rest of the league / qbs

Etc etc. these are mathematical facts presented against opinions and eye tests. There’s obviously some fans who may just be impressed with stats outside of any context who wouldn’t be able to justify their stance beyond that anymore than another guy who can only say “he sucks and should be a backup”

the rest of us have exhausted our (informed) opinions, and moved on to supporting them with stats, not relied on them exclusively.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
lol - behind your back? Do you think I was assuming there was anyone not able to read my post?

I was responding to rocyaice, and frankly didn't even know who he was responding to in his comments. Maybe I should have backtracked to read what you had said to him. Sorry if I missed something.
Nah, your good brotha.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is complete nonsense and essentially a straw man. His stats are used to directly refute biased inaccurate criticisms.
“He’s so innscurate”. Here’s stats that prove he’s a league leader

“He’s a bus driver and dinks and dunks”. Here’s stats that show he’s a league leader in ypa, air yards, deep ball accuracy etc

“He sucks that’s why we went 8-8 with a stacked roster”. Receivers led the league in drops, special teams was the worst in the league, defense was worst in the league on turnovers

“He can’t beat a winning team” Last year was a weird season so you can have that, here’s how he’s fated over his entire career vs winning teams

“having zeke means they’re loading the box and he can’t take advantage”. Nope. Here’s the percentage of loaded boxes relative to the rest of the league / qbs

Etc etc. these are mathematical facts presented against opinions and eye tests. There’s obviously some fans who may just be impressed with stats outside of any context who wouldn’t be able to justify their stance beyond that anymore than another guy who can only say “he sucks and should be a backup”

the rest of us have exhausted our (informed) opinions, and moved on to supporting them with stats, not relied on them exclusively.
Exactly my point,, what are you even trying to back up.. SMH... love those number bro, and love having those blinders on.
Im so exhausted with you fools that keep reverting to the its a black or white situation.
There are many of us that like Dak, but we might have a basic understanding of economics,, they don't teach that anymore.
you don't get to the SB in this league paying an average QB more money than anyone has ever made in the history of this game... lol
Why is this so difficult to understand.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No just sayin' somethings not right. Maybe he doesn't want to play in Dallas. Fans hate him. Media hates him just as much. Just walk away do what gives him peace of mind.
He has a choice.

Frankly I thought Dak was alot sharper than he has proven to be.

His judgement appears impaired, he just keeps wanting to do the same thing, he is not paying attention to his results.

Bad traits in a QB for your team if you want the best from him.

It just seems to not be there.

One has to pay attention to what one sees. Add his behavior at his dinner party and practising when told not to by law enforcement..

he also seems to have a latent rebellious streak.

Oh my.

morat1959

Reaction score
Obviously they're not required to disclose, but I wish we knew exactly what's been offered, what's being requested, and what's been rejected.

So much conjecture, so much spin, and so much meaningless noise.
The skies the limit with Dak. Let’s break the bank. SBs are not important. Pay the man!

DFWJC

Reaction score

Spears said this never happens but forgot about a very recent case in Kurt Cousins.

I do think if it was just Jerry holding the cap/purse strings, Dak would already be signed...even if it was for too much.
Stephen is a bit tighter with this stuff.

csirl

Reaction score
IF that's the case, why would Jerry even be trying to work out a long term deal? Much of the talk is that the hang up on the deal is Jerry wants a 5-6 year contract, and Dak doesn't want to be locked in that long with no ability to negotiate under whatever market exists for QB's in3-4 years.

There's no evidence that Jerry is.

All the "Dak is a great QB" stuff from the Jones' is PT Barnum stuff to drum up sales. They'd say the same about any Cowboys QB and have said it about some awful QBs in the past.

Judge by what the team does, not what it's sales/PR pitch says.

New coach, new system and doubts = risk. Would be foolish of the team to sign Dak at this stage when they dont have to until early 2021. The upcoming recession with the likelihood of the cap going down also strengthens the argument for doing nothing this offseason.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yeah, if anything screams high end, push a team over the top QB it’s Andy Dalton.
And Andy Dalton was a great signing, currently being rated as the 2nd best BU QB in the league behind NO signing Winston, that seems about right, and whats wrong with that.
Making the Dak Sloberers worried that we actually have a good BU QB for once, why should anyone be nervous...
Its a great move, I like depth all over my teams roster, why does having depth at QB scare so many...jees

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Uhhh....isn't that what a investment is?

You purchase something at a price in hope of getting more in return than what you paid?

in·vest·ment
/inˈves(t)mənt/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. 1.
    the action or process of investing money for profit or material result.
and you lose sometimes,, not always rainbows and butterflies.
You lose with that contract and your no better than the Browns.
Better be damn sure you know what you have when your investing franchise money, and obviously Jerry and Stephen don't feel the same as you and others here.

Proof

Reaction score
And Andy Dalton was a great signing, currently being rated as the 2nd best BU QB in the league behind NO signing Winston, that seems about right, and whats wrong with that.
Making the Dak Sloberers worried that we actually have a good BU QB for once, why should anyone be nervous...
Its a great move, I like depth all over my teams roster, why does having depth at QB scare so many...jees

too anxious to play gotcha my man. I didn’t say it wasn’t a good signing. Didn’t say anything about nervousness, I replied to a post saying “if Dak can’t drive the Ferrari then we have Andy Dalton”.

Pay attention

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't hate Dak, I just think he's being greedy. He is frowning about receiving over $100 mil guaranteed and I think it's ridiculous.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and you lose sometimes,, not always rainbows and butterflies.
You lose with that contract and your no better than the Browns.
Better be damn sure you know what you have when your investing franchise money, and obviously Jerry and Stephen don't feel the same as you and others here.
Of course you lose at times. THat's what a investment is lol. If a investment was a sure thing it wouldn't be a investment lol.

And obviously they do or t hey better if they are offering him 100 million guaranteed. They BETTER have a idea of what they are spending money on.

Proof

Reaction score
Exactly my point,, what are you even trying to back up.. SMH... love those number bro, and love having those blinders on.
Im so exhausted with you fools that keep reverting to the its a black or white situation.
There are many of us that like Dak, but we might have a basic understanding of economics,, they don't teach that anymore.
you don't get to the SB in this league paying an average QB more money than anyone has ever made in the history of this game... lol
Why is this so difficult to understand.

Lol please don’t preach black and white to me when you’re doing just that. I’m explaining to you with nuance why stats are thrown around so much.

to back up what? OPINIONS you dolt. If someone thinks Dak sucks that’s fine, I don’t. If they try to convince me of it, they can’t. So we’re at an impasse ... until I’m able to support my position with something more than an opinion.

also I haven’t mentioned his contract nor what he deserves or doesn’t, and it wasn’t the conversation.

I’m able to discuss things directly without moving the goal posts, can you?

it’s hilarious to me that you seem to believe only you and others railing against Dak understand economics, sure thing Cletus

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
IF that's the case, why would Jerry even be trying to work out a long term deal? Much of the talk is that the hang up on the deal is Jerry wants a 5-6 year contract, and Dak doesn't want to be locked in that long with no ability to negotiate under whatever market exists for QB's in3-4 years.

They’re not trying to “work out” a deal. The deal has been offered. Dak can sign it or not. Either way, he’ll be here next season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sure. He has his family to think about. All Jerry is concerned with is more money in his pocket.

I'm sorry, I am coming in late here. The money Jerry "Puts in his pocket" is unaffected by what he pays Dak. What point is being discussed here?