Marcus Vick taken off many teams draft boards

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Many teams have reportedly already taken Marcus Vick off their draft boards.

Vick did quite well on the field this weekend, but he didn't impress in his press conference or interviews. ESPN.com says he came across as "arrogant" and "smug" in interviews.

Feb. 27 - 1:44 pm et
Source: ESPN.com Insider

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Dont ever want him as part of this organization, no class.....bum(IMO)regardless of his talent level

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The talent these guys waste sometimes makes me sick. What a waste, I guess when things come to easy sometimes you have no apprieciation for it.

He will look back one day and regret his choices.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
If he's there at 5th or 6th I say pick him up. Heck, I'd even trade up if he was available mid 4th. Sure he's got issues, but being a young man still this can be addressed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He wasn't on my draft board at any time since he returned from his 1st suspension from Va Tech.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
theogt said:
If he's there at 5th or 6th I say pick him up. Heck, I'd even trade up if he was available mid 4th. Sure he's got issues, but being a young man still this can be addressed.

He has a ton of issues: DWI, statutory rape, weapons charges, bad conduct on the field. I'd pass. If we didn't draft Randy Moss because of his conduct, we sure aren't drafting this guy.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten said:
He has a ton of issues: DWI, statutory rape, weapons charges, bad conduct on the field. I'd pass. If we didn't draft Randy Moss because of his conduct, we sure aren't drafting this guy.
No doubt.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten said:
Of course, we're not the same team as we were then. Different coach and scouts etc. Plus Jerry is different today than he was then.

Either way, that wasn't my point. My point was that *I* would draft him.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
theogt said:

Maurice Clarett had ISSUES. This guy is just flat out TROUBLE waiting to happen.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Maurice Clarett had ISSUES. This guy is just flat out TROUBLE waiting to happen.
IMHO, Vick has much more upside than Clarett. I think Vick has the potential to be much better than his brother. His brother is a perennial pro-bowler.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy is a pure PUNK and I want nothing to do with him.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
theogt said:
Of course, we're not the same team as we were then. Different coach and scouts etc. Plus Jerry is different today than he was then.

Either way, that wasn't my point. My point was that *I* would draft him.

Jerry is a succesful business man. He's a smart owner. He has learned from his past mistakes. You never hear about a guys bad investments in business, but every business man makes them. The good ones learn from it. Jerry sounds alot smarter. He stood pat and passed on the high payed corners when we could have used them, Henry looks like he's a great signing.

He himself has already learned that you can't buy talent, and I think it's going to benefit us alot.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Jerry is a succesful business man. He's a smart owner. He has learned from his past mistakes. You never hear about a guys bad investments in business, but every business man makes them. The good ones learn from it. Jerry sounds alot smarter. He stood pat and passed on the high payed corners when we could have used them, Henry looks like he's a great signing.

He himself has already learned that you can't buy talent, and I think it's going to benefit us alot.
What does this have to do with drafting Vick in the 5th round?

shnagy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He wasn't on my draft board at any time since he returned from his 1st suspension from Va Tech.
So what team are you drafting for Hos? :laugh2: Of course, I'm j/k. But, I'll pass on him. Seems like he never learns from his mistakes. Hopefully this kid gets his life together and makes something of himself.

wxcpo

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Exactly. This guy has gotten to where he is right now based on his last name. If you think he's a punk now imagine when osme team puts a little coin in his pocket and he thinks he's bigger than the game. He obvisouly thought he was bigger than colleg football when asked about being kicked off the team and in his own smug way simply said I'll just go to the NFL.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
This is my feeling as well. People here slam TO, and I am solidly among the crowd that doesn't want him in Dallas, but his antics are limited to arrogance, demanding a new contract and calling out a few players. With Marcus Vick, we're talking about possession of a firearm, statuatory rape, you know, things that actually matter in real life.

Nothing good can come out of drafting Vick, I don't think anyone will take a chance on him. He will go undrafted.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
theogt said:
What does this have to do with drafting Vick in the 5th round?

Not much, I was just reading some of his comments about his pursuit of FA's, and his ideas on the draft and he seems alot different in his attitude now.