Marcus Vick was unimpressive at the 'Fins first minicamp workout

Nav22

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority on this, but I hope Marcus gets his life together and has a successful career. Not that he "deserves" another shot, since he's already made mistake after mistake after mistake...

But a lot of other one-time "jerks" have turned their lives around and had nice careers. Think Cris Carter. And I doubt this gains him any sympathy from anyone else... but following Michael's footsteps can't be easy for the little brother with less talent.

Maybe it's the Quincy Carter "apologist" (hehe remember that term?) in me that's pulling for Marcus since I hope Quincy can do the same. Perhaps Marcus should join Quincy in Canada for a few years.

wxcpo

Reaction score
stealth said:
if the kid's character was that of mother theresa he woulda been a first round pick and possibly top 5 pick.

Vick certainly wasn't in the same class as the top 3 guys. Lets look at that top 5 arguement even if Vick had been Mother Theresa while at VT.

1. Texans - Didn't need a QB so Vick certainly wouldn't have went here.

2. Saints - Signed Brees in the offseason, didn't need a QB, passed on the top 3.

3. Titans - Took one of the top 3 QBs.

4. Jets - Passed on both Leinart & Cutler, those guys are better than Vick so safe to assume Vick would not have been the choice here.

5. Packers - Drafted their QB of the future last year and have Farve back. They also passed on both Leinart and Cutler so don't see Vick going here.

Maybe if Vick had stayed cleaned, came back for his senior season and lit the college football world up he would have been a higher first rounder. Given his limited body of work at VT it is unrealistic to think this guy would have been a first rounder and downright :lmao2: to think he would have been a top 5 pick. If Vick would have been a model citizen he may have very well found himself going in the same area of the draft that guys like Croyle and Whitehurst went.

ghst187

Reaction score
stealth said:
I have seen him make amazing throws that were thrown as fast as bullets between three defenders. that isn't decent thats top of the line potential and potentially he is an amazing player at the next level if he spends some time perfecting his game for his skill set.
stealth said:
seen that what....like 2 maybe 3 times? seriously. I saw nearly every Va Tech game and I don't remember a throw that made me say "wow." I thought he was good a limiting mistakes, but I never saw him beat guys with his armstrength. Besides, if it was that good, someone would've looked past his problems. I'm not the only one that thinks he's nothing more than "decent" as a passer...how about every team that passed on him in the draft AND again in UDFA. Early word is that he hasn't impressed anyone but you during his invite to Miami.

stealth said:
if the kid's character was that of mother theresa he woulda been a first round pick and possibly top 5 pick.
stealth said:
You can't be serious. That's too ridiculous to warrant a reply but I will anyway.
Top 5 rounds? I think its been proven that teams will take a gamble on a player of questionable character if he has enough talent. The Raiders took Hawthorne last year even though he tested positive for drugs right before the draft.
As for talent, Reggie McNeal was the most similar player in far as style and ability and he got taken as a WR. I thought Vick was a slightly better QB than him, but apparently pro talent scouts didn't think anything of the QB skills of either.

stealth said:
michael vick's biggest problem is the running, and his brother is a better passer than him so again I don't see the argument at all as to why he wouldn't work out in the NFL.
stealth said:
Because Marcus still doesn't do either all that well. At least his brother has the running thing going for him. Marcus has neither, just a tiny bit of both.

stealth said:
and for grins name a better runner than michael vick?
I can think of one maybe two andf maybe reggie bush if he transistions to the league well.
stealth said:
Doesn't much matter does it if the runner is a QB. A QB needs to play QB well.

stealth said:
potential wise marcus is the better QB not the better athlete but the better QB.

Ok, well if Marcus is all that you say he is...then Miami will realize that and immediately name him their starter. In fact, if Miami even keeps him around I will be surprised. If they do and if he ever becomes an NFL QB you can write me and tell me "I told you so."
He's getting a chance, if he doesn't catch on in the NFL as a QB...well....I told YOU so.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
potential requires a chance to play, if he never gets the chance then all the potential in the world won't help him

you rambling about him starting is missing my whole point.
he can't start in the league period.
can he in a couple years if given the chance? I truly think so and think he would make a better QB than his brother. He isn't aikman or elway but he is far better than kordell stewart and that guy was a starter in the league.

ghst187

Reaction score
stealth said:
potential requires a chance to play, if he never gets the chance then all the potential in the world won't help him

you rambling about him starting is missing my whole point.
he can't start in the league period.
can he in a couple years if given the chance? I truly think so and think he would make a better QB than his brother. He isn't aikman or elway but he is far better than kordell stewart and that guy was a starter in the league.

well I'll be here waiting for him to prove me wrong and you right...
track me down in 3 years....ya know when Marcus is in Canada or jail...

PS, what was the title of this thread.....?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DCowboyz said:
No..
The guy was something in VT..
He had some great games.

He was mobile, accurate, respected..
I guess he lost all that now.. :(

Respected by whom? The assistant coach he elbowed in the head after he went out of bounds or Elvis Dumerville after he stomped on his leg?

mschmidt64

Reaction score
DCowboyz said:
No..
He had some great games.

Yeah... lost it all over night.

What, did it get mixed up in baggage claim on the way to Miami?

I watched him. He was marginal at best.

You either fell in love with his name or possibly his skin color.

He was never an ounce better than Darian Durant or Ronald Curry at UNC.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
why is a thread about the biggest loser in football allowed in the cowboy zone?

jay cee

Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
why is a thread about the biggest loser in football allowed in the cowboy zone?
Because if you want to make a bash thread about a player that is popular to bash, it's ok.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
2 years from now I can see it!

Come to the CFL! We have powerful stars such as:

Quincy Carter and Ricky Williams Vs. Marcus Vick and Demetrius Summer!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DCowboyz said:
No..
He had some great games.

yeah, he really wowed us all in that Miami game, this guy has NEVER, ever resembled an NFL QB prospect

like someone else said, think "CAT Scan"

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
stealth said:
i think its stupid to hold the leg stomp against the guy, people get away with that junk all day long, its part of the game, he got caught.

yeah, thats really "part of the game" :rolleyes:

this guy is a total thug loser, on and off the field...always has been, always will be

David

joseephuss

Reaction score
I didn't think Marcus Vick was as good a QB as the previous VaTech signal caller, Byron Randall.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I didn't think Marcus Vick was as good a QB as the previous VaTech signal caller, Byron Randall.

I agree... he is living off of his brother's name...

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
joseephuss said:

He was a far better athlete and natural QB then Bryan Randall was

Randall though had a great head, great character and was a great leader

Talent wise? Vick blows Randall away