Mario Williams

acer941

Reaction score
Would you be against them signing Mario Williams? It is a rumor going around from sources that he may be cut from the Buffalo Bills this off-season.

He has been a beast in the years that Buffalo played a 4-3 Defense, but since they switched back to a 3-4 he has been a ghost.

Mario Williams, Greg Hardy, Lawrence and Greogory would be a very scary set of Defensive Ends and it would let us use our first round pick on a different position than Defensive End with Bosa...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think you can get either Mario Williams or Greg Hardy. You can't really get both.

Though perhaps, you could get away with not having a stellar free agent cornerback available by boosting the defensive line.

Would love to see Hardy and Williams out there with Lawrence and Gregory.

You'd have to give Mario Williams at least the same contract that DeMarcus Ware got, which is 10 million per year.

That would get you the catalytic player that I think you need on defense though, but what would you really be doing with Lawrence and Gregory?

Mincey + Carr = Mario Williams in terms of money.

RW31

Reaction score
Dude did you not see or just simply ignore all the other Mario Williams threads?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Would you be against them signing Mario Williams?

Given the fact that several of his Bills teammates said he just completely and legitimately quit playing at the end of the year, yes, I would be against it.

In the game two weeks ago, Doug Free basically backed up out of his stance, held his hands up and blocked him for most of the game; he was giving so little effort.

dfense

Reaction score
Given the fact that several of his Bills teammates said he just completely and legitimately quit playing at the end of the year, yes, I would be against it.

In the game two weeks ago, Doug Free basically backed up out of his stance, held his hands up and blocked him for most of the game; he was giving so little effort.

Talk up here near Buffalo is Williams checked out during the season when he realized how he would be used in Rex Ryan's scheme. He knew he was short term in Buffalo. Quiter

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Talk up here near Buffalo is Williams checked out during the season when he realized how he would be used in Rex Ryan's scheme. He knew he was short term in Buffalo. Quiter

He flopped around in Houston too when he did not like how he was used. I would not bother to give him a third chance to do it again.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Would you be against them signing Mario Williams? It is a rumor going around from sources that he may be cut from the Buffalo Bills this off-season.

He has been a beast in the years that Buffalo played a 4-3 Defense, but since they switched back to a 3-4 he has been a ghost.

Mario Williams, Greg Hardy, Lawrence and Greogory would be a very scary set of Defensive Ends and it would let us use our first round pick on a different position than Defensive End with Bosa...

I think we have some good outside guys right now looking more towards finding more people at DT. Dallas showed to be very weak up the middle.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, he would be a progress stopper at this point. Sign Hardy, DLaw and Gregory coming on, as they still need to see what they have in Russell. Wouldn't be surprised if Mincey returns either for a vet min type 2 year deal.
Only way this really changes is if Bosa is there to draft.

lostar2009

Reaction score
For a discount sure. We could probably sign both Williams and Hardy for under 10 mill. Let Mincey walk and we still have or future in Randy and Lawrence. Brining in a young guy may not be ideal. I would target DT, the middle of our D is so weak.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Any other big FA names we can kick the tires on?