Marion Barber III NEVER talks to the media?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Marion Baber does his talking on the football field. He doesn't owe the media Jack, Jill, or the hill. Talking to the media doesn't make you a leader. Do they play the game? Although, some of them sure act like they are experts.

'...not talking to the media is going to get you negative press'.

Talking about politics, in public, for high profile athletes and mega entities like the Cowboys is a loser. If you are not careful, you can get yourself in trouble. It's really no journalist's business who you vote for.

You have to be joking. I don't think snoozing it up with the Dallas media is going to get you anywhere. The media doesn't need a reason to go after you. They can just make one up if they want to do so.

Marion Barber doesn't care what the Dallas media thinks of him, and I'm glad.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Silence is the best answer to the stupid...

“There are times when silence has the loudest voice”

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Barber's in the NFL to play football, you can tell by the effort he gives every Sunday. He's not here to be popular, he's not here to be a media darling. He's not here to do anything else than knock the **** out of people and help his team. I can respect that.

Hank Johnson

Benched
Reaction score
Just another example of the media feeding off of bad instead of good.

The good guys in the game never get their due because everyone wants a story, something dramatic.

It's only the true fans that appreciate hard work and strong personality.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
His aggressive play is leadership enough. It gives that "lets kick some ***" type leadership.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
CowboyMark;2406389 said:
His aggressive play is leadership enough. It gives that "lets kick some ***" type leadership.

yep, and also it gets us pumped when you see him run. I'd do the same thing, perform and screw the media. who needs em?

Nav22

Reaction score
Barry Sanders was the same way.
Marion is a lot more engaging with his teammates and the fans than Barry ever was.

Marion loves the game... Barry didn't.

Marion shows emotion and enthusiasm... Barry didn't.

Marion is more than willing to take the younger RBs under his wing... Barry wasn't.

Marion might never be the player Barry was, but he'll also never be the gutless quitter Barry was either.

But you can tell Marion will never be a "quitter" based on his running style alone, can't you? :)

boyz04

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2406133 said:
The guys on The Lunch Break were really letting Barber have it today. They questioned how a guy who won't ever talk can be considered a leader. They don't seem to like him very much because they can't do their jobs as well if players don't cooperate. They mentioned asking him an Obama question, but he pretended to be on his cell phone (or something like that).

My take is that he is a really shy guy when it comes to the media. Nothing personal, just a personality trait. He talks to his teammates and he is open to fans. He signed a ton of autographs after a game last year. He had a video up on Youtube showing his camp for kids in Minnesota. He had a microphone interviewing several NFL players who participated in the camp. So I guess he does open up when he feels comfortable.

I don't think the media types should question his leadership abilities because he is a quiet man. His teammates voted for him as one of the leaders, so obviously they look up to him. Nick Eatman and Derek Eagleton were saying that he is setting himself up for negative press from the media (when he has an off game) by not talking to them. I don't think his personality should be used against him. What do you guys think?

Your are very right about him...Watching him and Laurence Maroney play together for 4 yrs and watching the interviews after the game MBIII never really spoke much Maroney was the one mostly talking during them.

superpunk

Reaction score
Since when is conversing with media evidence of leadership?

Is Patrick Crayton a leader?

Morons.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe he is just shy when it comes to the media.

Maybe he is just a modern member of an old dallas cowboys group known as the zero club.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Leadership by his actions.......makes him one of the best I have seen so far.....keeps mouth shut.....works hard

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The media is mad at a player for not talking to the media? Isn't there a slight conflict of interest there?

Just about every week, Mickey goes on a rant about how the linemen don't talk to the media either. It has nothing to do with whether they think those players are leaders are not and everything to do with them having fodder to write their articles.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2406133 said:
They don't seem to like him very much because they can't do their jobs as well if players don't cooperate.
Somebody needs to tell them that whining isn't part of their job.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I don't think he's shy, I think he's a smart man. He knows what some of the media personnel are capable of. Backstabbin', two-faced flat out truth-twisters. Anything for a story and regardless what we think, there's always an agenda of some sort.

juck

Reaction score
I read he has social anxiety like ricky williams a bit.I like thats hes quiet.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
On the other hand we have loud-mouths like ellis, crayton, James and Thomas who won't stop talking to the media despite their almost-average play.

I will take Barber any day over players like the four loud mouths.